You can type here any text you want

Need help installing this 2000 GM radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G-Force

I purchased this unit from eBay after seeing other buick members installed this in their car. My problem now is I need the adapter harness to make this thing work. Where to get the adapter harness or part # for it. Help Please.

Attachments

• GN Radio.jpg
    GN Radio.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 207
What yr vehcile did it come out of? Once you have that, just goto any local car audio shop and see if they have it in stock. Should costs roughly around $20 depending on the shop.

ive got the adapter right here AND the antenna adaptor too $25 shipped to tb.com members....

I purchased the adapter from GM before I purchased the radio but for some reason the 16140051 adpter wont fit. I dont see how I can this harness to fit the radio. Is my radio different? Do I need another harness?:(

Attachments

• gn radio back.jpg
    gn radio back.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 217
from the picture,you use the left plug (3 out of four) for the gn,the right plug shown is for a slave cassette player.
the harness you have doesn't fit the cd,or the gn?? did you get a antenna adapter too?
got a pic of the plug you bought?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...5806-factory-replacement-radios-question.html

Check out this link and look at the harness on the right. That is the exact harness I have that wont fit the back of the radio. I can only get the the blue and and one black adapter to fit only. Is this correct?

if you can get the big black plug in the pic(power and front spkrs)and the blue (rear speakers) you're good:biggrin: the third is for steering wheel controls,etc....im talking about the plugs that mate with the cd plarer.you have to plug in all four plugs on the car side.

Okay, seems pretty straight forward and easy. I will tackle this installation over the weekend. Thanks.

plug and play.all the plugs are keyed,you cant get it wrong....

Have the same radio in my car. Just so you know, this radio is out of a chevy. If it was a pontiac radio it would have a manual equilizer, and also the lights at night would be red. The pontiac radios, don't say delco also, they say pontiac. I got my harness adapter from Kirbans performance and it plugs right in. Here is the hard part. You can't put the factory mounting brackets on this radio. You have to cut one metal radio bracket off ( I cut the right one off), and then it will go right in and you can use on of the factory mounting holes.

Attachments

• Gray 1986 T-Type 014.jpg
    Gray 1986 T-Type 014.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 194
Tackle this thing for about 2 hours over the weekend and I cant get it to work. Ebay auction stated that this radio is tested and guaranteed to work. Installation was pretty simple but I must have been doing something wrong. I checked and rechecked all the fuses. All areworking except for #5amp fuse on the top of the fuse box. I replace it with a new one still no juice to it.:frown: Factory radio was working perfect before the tape deck died. I Have two of the blue factory plug coming out of the factory radio harness. Which one do I use?

on the car harness side look for the black plug.verify that you have ign on the yellow wire.(yellow is also found on the blue plug but its the left rear neg speaker lead)
then check the black wire for Ground.
then check the two pin plug (brown ,orange) and see if the orange wire has battery constant voltage....

if all three check out,you have a bad stereo.if not check rdo fuse (ign 10a red) or
cig fuse (20a yellow) battery.

one blue is rear speakers,the other one is for the door speakers if you have concert sound.does the radio dislpay come on or show anything?

Back