You can type here any text you want

need help on my stock gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jk kelly

i just bought this stock gn and its my first one, whats the first things to do that are simple to make it faster? and how do you turn the boost up like i have heard that you can do

i just bought this stock gn and its my first one, whats the first things to do that are simple to make it faster? and how do you turn the boost up like i have heard that you can do
Don't do anything until you know what you are doing. Just "turning up the boost" isn't going to make it faster. It could turn your motor into a pile of scrap metal. Do a lot of research and reading before you turn the car into a basket case.

Not sure about the rules concerning it on this forum as i just came here after obtaining my first GN (been lurking for years researching though) But the best thing you can do is READ READ READ and use the hell out of the search function... Not to brag but on the only DSM forum i choose to visit i'm considered a "wiseman" or damn near an admin, and even after 12 years i search and re-read things i think i know all about for hours upon end to this day reading up on the experiences of others, mixed results and the reasons why or just things i haven't tried yet and want to some day.. The more you arm yourself with knowledge from reading and n0ot just doing what some one says to do the better enabled you will be to make decision for yourself and eventuallyt help others and not be left spending money on new parts because "x' person on the "web said "28 psi and 26* of timing is completely safe LOL

let me correct yself, the first things you shoudl do on ANY new car/truck/motorcycle etc.. is to get to checking over the basics..fluid levels, condition of ball joints, brakes, suspension and the overall health of the engine and trans. From there work on getting her bvack to at least OEM functioning form andafter performing those things ytou'll have learned enough from reading that you'll probably know the first performance things to do.. Hell, I don't even know the first "free" things on a GN/GNX, I bought one built to go low 10's, i just have to put it together,( but it helps io've been racing and building things with engines for over20 years at this point...saying that makes me feel old LOL ) thankfuly the trans, engine, suspension and all are new in it but there's still a lot of maintenance i'm finding that will need done once i'm finished assembling it.. but the basic principal in ANY engine is more air in and more air out = more HP (but you need the fuel system to support the air) and management to keep things in check once you pass a certain point,

ok enough joking around.. First you need to list your mileage, mods year etc in your sig it will make it easier for people to help you.. Your most likely going to need to change all the fluids, spark plugs, wires etc.. Start looking at fuel pumps, hot wire kits, adj fuel pressure regulators, bigger injectors and a chip to match(i would go with a turbo tweak chip)oh and a SCANMASTER!. Dont turn up the boost without having enough fuel to supply the extra air. Get yourself a good downpipe and a bigger maf pipe and a Filter. Then go for a LT1 or LS1 MAF and Translator. After that start looking at intercoolers,turbos and upgrading your transmission. I could go on and on but most importantly READ READ READ!! See if there are some local guys in your area that can help you out.

Don't forget to go on vortexbuicks-etc.com as well. It too is full of good info.

Back