Need help, possibly buying a car, what should I look for?

TonyUH60

I am new to the buick world and need some help...Mods, sorry if this in the wrong section, feel free to move.

Ok here's what I am looking at...87 GN with t-tops, 51k original miles...its been repainted...taking a magnet with me tomorrow....I know about the rust under the door...checked that, just a little surface rust, nothing major. I pulled the tops off to see if any rust...but looks like a black plastic cover or something, weather stripping a little worn, but no rust I could see because of the cover. Looks to be some oil (residual) around the rear main seal...no rust on the floorpans, but it looks to be undercoated or something.,

I need advice on where and what to look for on the car for anything that could potentially be wrong with it. I am driving it tomorrow and will take many pics. here are a couple of pics from my phone of the engine compartment. I figured I would post them to see if there is anything under the hood that might not be right visually. Thank you for any help and feedback.
IMG_20120330_191900.jpg
IMG_20120330_191910.jpg

Welcome to the fun Tony. Since you're in CenTex there are quite a few members in the area. I'm in Hillsboro myself and the Bergers are in Waco. Wish you had posted this at least a week before so one of us might've benn able to go with you to check it out. Make sure to get the car on a rack so you can look under it. T tops are notorious for rust issues in the top and the floor pans.

Hillsboro, I'm up there flying all the time.....if you see a rogue blackhawk in the air up there....pay no attention...nothing is happening...lol....my neighbor stopped by tonight to tell me about this car for sale....he knew I have been looking for a GN. So I went and looked at it...and its clean....rust is my biggest worry....been down that road, learned, wont do it again. After talking with the wife...she saw a tear in my eye as I posted the Trans am for trade, so she told me to just go out and buy a GN and keep the T/A. I've emailed a member on here selling his car, so hope to hear from him soon. I'm not going to buy the car tomorrow, am taking it for a test drive though...want to see what all the fuss is about these cars..lol....but thanks for the info....I like to be an educated buyer...and when people start talking about injectors and XXmm turbo..etc etc...i'm just knodding with a deer in the headlight look.

"Need help, possibly buying a car, what should I look for?"

Anything but a GN or TR!

HAHAHAHAHA! ;)

Take a screwdriver with you and ask to take one of the sunvisors off. You can sticl a pinky in it to check for some rust that way.