Need Help - Power Antenna

93Code86GN

No longer Need Help - Power Antenna

Recently bought 86 GN. Had bad power antenna. Put in NOS one. After a couple of months and a maximum of a dozen times up and down it is broke again. Wiped whip with WD40 rag at least once a week as was recommended. Antenna is stuck up, motor runs continuous (unplugged unit). I've heard these things are problems, but shouldn't they last at least a couple of years?? Has anyone had any luck trying to repair one or is it best just to replace it again. Any recommendations on the best place to buy? Thanks!

NO longer need help. See post 3 down. Thanks.:)

In case anyone's interested: Repairing this antenna is not a bad job. I got an antenna repair kit from Cars, Inc. in NJ for only $14.50 which consisted of the white plastic extending/retracting cable and the top mast section of the 3 piece antenna whip that the finial (the little ball on top of the antenna) screws onto. I removed the antenna assembly from the fender and followed the intructions that come with the repair kit. Reassembled and tested the repaired unit and reinstalled it and it works perfectly! Took a couple of hours as a novice. Well worth the minor expense and effort. Hopefully, it will last a few years at least.