You can type here any text you want

Need Help-- Suspension/ Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ViDeo^_^kiD

Hello everyone. I have spent some time looking through threads to find out what is available for Grand Nationals as far as suspension. The only problem is, they don't mention if it works with the rims I already have on my car, and problems is the last thing I want to run into. I want everything to be smoothe sailing.

I currently have 18" rims with low profile tires, that I could sale if necessary...but the tires have alot of tread on them and it would be pointless to sell them and buy some smaller ones. The car is getting an overhaul, the transmission is being taken out and replaced w/ an 11 second tranny. An auburn limited slip differential will also be installed, so the car can handle the power.

I have about $3600 to spend on other stuff beyond the drivetrain. Not all of it is going to suspension....about $2000 is going to an audio system/interior. I'm probably looking to spend around $1000-1500 on suspension/brakes.

I was thinking along the lines of UMI upper and lower control arms, rear sway bar, SC&C front strut tower/chassis brace and some sort of performance springs & struts, for suspension. But would this work?

And I'm blank as far as where I should go with brakes, and what I could do. Right now it has the stock rotors up front and drums in the back.

Any info would help alot.

I think if your 18" rims fit now you shouldn't have any problems with the upgrades you mentioned unless you lower the car, then you would need to measure to see if they would still fit without rubbing. As for the brake upgrade, just about anything would fit in an 18" rim. I am partial to Baer (what I run) but big bucks!! It sounds like there won't be much $$ left with the other upgrades, so you should check the " 11" bolt on brakes " thread in this section. Good Luck !! :cool:

Back