You can type here any text you want

need help with a Stage II off center

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

smead45

I have a stage II off center block, alluminum heads, Isky cam, buick motorsport crank, roller rockers and a bunch of other parts but I am new to the game and have been told that if I want A\C I can't use what I have I thought about going to a T\A performance alluminum block but I wont if I don't have to. If anyone can help me get this motor together I would greatly appreciate it. There is a guy I work with who runs a fox body mustang that I would like to shut up.

I'd wait for the Champion block!
Conrad

Why wouldn't you be able to run A/C with an off-center? Those blocks have nearly identical exterior dimensons. Head choice would have a lot more to do with accessories than anything. I used to run a/c with my off center 274" stage 2, no problem. If that block is built to even 50% of its potential, destroying a street driven fox body will be no problem.:cool:

Stage Ii

I AM ALSO BUILDING A OFFCENTER 4.1 WITH CHAPMAN ALUMINUM HEADS WITH A/C BUT I HAD TO GET CUSTOM HEADERS FROM CONLEYS PERFORMANCE:biggrin:

You can run a/c and all accessories with an on-center block as well(with modifications). Mac in SD helped me out a lot to get mine straight.

Stage heads could be a challenge....You say aluminum heads. What are they??
Also, if you are now talking about stage heads, and intend changing to T/A, Champs.. You will have to replace the cam. The production and stage heads have different valve positions. A stage cam will not work w/ Champs, etc.

Back