Need help with Classic Fast

'71buickg.s.

Just installed a classic fast system. Didn't look like the O2 sensor was working. I bought the system used. Bought a Bosch uego with a NTK connector. Read that it was a cheaper replacement. Tried it last night and no readings again. I heard from someone that I needed a disc to set the WB up. Is that my problem? Can someone help me out with the disc or whatever it is that I need to do to get this thing going right. Kevin B. has helped with the tune and it runs, ut without the WB O2 can't really enjoy my car. Thanks for any help.
Marty

There is an O2 Option file you might need to get from FAST so that the new O2 sensor will work. It is less than $20 from FAST and they e-mail it to you. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Shev

You will have to call them with your serial number and they can send you the file. Once you have it you will have to install it from the ecu configuration menu. The bosch sensors have a faster response time, but the trade off is sensor life is reduced.

O2 Option File

That is Correct....you will need to call FAST (901)795-2400 direct and request a UNIVERSAL O2 Option File for a Classic FAST. You will need to provide your Serial Number and an email address.

As far as the Wideband O2 Sensor, in order to get the correct readings, it MUST be a NTK/NGK Part # 24300. So double check your part number. If you got the NTK/NGK Part # 24302 (which is what the XFI uses), you will get improper O2 readings. It will read, just not correctly.

If you need the proper Wideband O2 sensor and can not find one, we will be happy to help you. :)

Sorry to get off track, but Can the xfi use the NTK L1H1 sensor also from the Classic fast?

Sorry to get off track, but Can the xfi use the NTK L1H1 sensor also from the Classic fast?

I am not certain on this one, if Cal was here he would know the answer. Unfortunately he is in St. Louis tuning all weekend.

The XFI can work with at least two different O2 Sensors, here is where you go to check/choose the proper O2 Sensor on your XFI Program.....

Go to: View, System Configuration, Wideband O2 Type.
The types are listed, just mark the O2 Sensor you are using.

Whenever you change our your O2 Sensor, make sure you have the correct one checked in your XFI Program!!

Cool! Now get that taken care of so we can beat it at the track:)

I got it driving ok, but who knows how rich it is. Marty would drive it and I was just putting numbers into the ve table until it would not fall on its butt.

Any more ideas?

I contacted FAST(compcams) and had them email me the O2 option code. downloaded the code and my WBO2 still doesn't work. I bought a bosch uego sensor which I read was a cheaper replacement for the L1H1 NTK sensor. Based on what I read or thought I did it should work. Tried the old NTK sensor that came with my used Classic Fast system in case it worked with the option file I downloaded. What do you guys think. Will or should the Bosch work? I realize I am very ignorant on this stuff, so try not to laugh! Thanks,
Marty

xfi can run the bosch or the ntk

the classic with the universal option file still needs a L1H1 NTK sensor, it cant run the bosch
Cal already posted this on this thread (qoute ..MUST be a NTK/NGK Part # 24300.)

only with the univ file it doesnt need to look at the resistor in the sensor thats used for a key file
keying allows a sensor to be individually tested in a lab against a test gas and a file created based on the sensor output to correct for any inaccuracies making it much more accurate
with L1H1 sensor not being keyed it would be good at 14.5 a/f but the further out from stoich you go (rich or lean ) the less accurate it would be compared to a keyed sensor

I bought a Bosch O2 also, but it works just fine for me. I can't remember the part number, but now that I'm reading this, I am curious if the calibration will be ok. I do remember verifying on board that this was an acceptable 02.

Anyway, if you did the option file and it still doesn't read - then you should call Fast again - there are some base parameters you can check to verify if the ECU is ok. I did this before buying an O2 sensor when I was getting some funky stuff going on.

Are you absolutely sure that it's wired ok?