You can type here any text you want

Need Help with old LT1 DFI setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SLED28

Guys what can I do to check the improper sensor readings I'm getting?

The car is room temp, but shows 180 degrees..
On Alpha-N mode, my TPS only shows 10% when wide open throttle....

Thanks
Dave

Sounds like that box needs servicing. Due to the fact that your Local i will check the box out for you and repair whats gone wrong,if it is a batchfire. I am not to familar with the internals of the sefi box, so hopefully its a batchfire box you have. WHy are you using alpha n mode? any particular reason?

InjectConnect said:
Check the 5v ref signal to the sensors, if its below 5v the voltage regulator is bad.

Did a quick check, which makes sense, .2 - 1.1 volts...

norbs said:
Sounds like that box needs servicing. Due to the fact that your Local i will check the box out for you and repair whats gone wrong,if it is a batchfire. I am not to familar with the internals of the sefi box, so hopefully its a batchfire box you have. WHy are you using alpha n mode? any particular reason?

Hey Norbs, not sure if you remember me, but I used to talk to you in some chats years ago... WHat is your name again! Do you know Jack or Rob Ing from toronto?

I do believe it is a batch fire. We found a burnt tracer inside, re sodered it but still the same thing. I noticed the bigger blue cap has just a touch of corrosive leak... I think it probably is still working... We alpha-N'd it to check/test the TPS %...

Its funny I had one of these in 97 and talk about cob webs in my head!

Thanks guys
Dave

Norbs, its taking 12v in, but only sending out 1volt...

Can you shoot me a PM on a repair price for the voltage reg? How soon can you do it?

I have spetter coming up soon to tune this bad boy...

Thanks
Dave

Tomorrow is fine. Call me in the morning. thanks

norbs said:
Tomorrow is fine. Call me in the morning. thanks

I'll be at speedorama all weekend. Where are you located, im in the east, pickering..

Back