Need Help With Rod Bolt Torque?

bad six

]I need some help with rod bolt torque, I pulled the rod caps off to check the crank and bearings, all was good. But what torque do you use for rod bolts. I have ARP bolts that are 1.70 long. Is the torque 40 ft lbs, or higher and should there be any play at the rod from front to back of the crank??? are you supposed to be able to move the rod when you wiggle it :confused:

i did mine to 55 lbs, and yes you should be able to wiggle the just a bit front to back, thats called side clearance.

...a few factors that you need to know in order to know the correct torque specs and the correct rod side clearance...

...what type of ARP (size,etc.) hardware are you using...
...what type of lube are you using ie. ARP lube, K1 rod lube, engine oil...
...what rods are they stock or aftermarket...
....what crank do you have in ....

....and i think the best way to find out those specs is to find out from ARP directly as far as torque goes and for rod side clearance that will come with the rods when you purchased them if they are aftermarket...if not i know some members here will know what stock specs are for rod side clearance...hth...noah.

What size are the threads? 3/8 or 7/16? Typically 40 ft lbs on the 3/8 or 70 ft lbs on the 7/16. Id call the machinist and ask for the torque used when resizing.