Need help with stock tach

dwithers

My stock tach doesn't work, however, my stock boost does. I would like for the tach to work even if it's off a little. I don't mind sending it off to Caspers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

What is it doing nothing @ all or just reading way off. If it is not working @ all make sure the tack lead under the hood is not connected to the fuel pump test wire they look like they go together but need to be left unpluged.

John

What is it doing nothing @ all or just reading way off. If it is not working @ all make sure the tack lead under the hood is not connected to the fuel pump test wire they look like they go together but need to be left unpluged.

lol so thats what that is, i lernt that the hard way:D its a green connector btw on the left side of the engine in a group of wires behind the alternator if ya dont know where it is.

equalizer442 and 86gn

I knew you guy would hit on the green connector behind the alternator. Sorry for not clarifying this earlier. I've checked that already.

Just so I'm on the same page. The connectors that you mentioned are not supposed to be hooked up correct. They are test leads. If you hook them up, the tach or boost will stop working. Is this correct?

Anyway, they are not hooked up together. They were when I bought it but I unhooked them and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

The tach normally gets its signal from a white wire coming out of the ignition control module. That wire goes under the brake master cyl and into the body connecter, then into the passenger compartment and then up to the connecter (plug) behind the instrument cluster.

You could run a jumper wire from the white wire at the ignition control module or from the tach pick up (that you mentioned in your post) to a point at the instrument cluster plug see if the tach is functional or not.