Need Help with XFI Boost controller

Cobia245

Upgraded from 1.34 to 2.002 and thought I'd try the boost controller. I'm set to Map mode and slew is 1000 Pos. and 1000 Neg. PID is set at P=80 I=30 D=30 and the boost table is set to 65 strait across 0 tps to 100 tps. The problem I'm having is the boost duty cycle stays at 100 until 14.5 psi to start falling and by the time it gets control of the boost it's at 20 psi. Would ramping the boost table help this even though I'm at 100 tps way be for 14.5. tried moving the pid all around with no luck if i lower the (i) lower than 20 the duty cycle falls to slow. Any help would be great I'd like to get this working.

Try setting min map kpa to 0. That should disable the dc=100% feature until the the target boost is set.

Min map is at 0 now. I'm not having a problem making boost it a problem over shooting the set point. 100% is when I'm making boost 0% is when its trying lower the boost.

The way it works is the solenoid stays at 100% until the min boost target is met, which means the (waste gate will stay closed for 100%) and then open once the min boost target is met. SO the higher the min boost setting the more its going to overshoot until you get the other settings dialed in.

yes I set the min boost to 0 from the start I need to know how to get the waste gate to start opening sooner. Would more P more I more d work I read a lot on PID but I did not see anything that explain what to do with my problem. What if I ramped the boost table. My thoughts on the boost table is that would not do anything since I'm at WOT already but I don't know.

Ok I wasn;t 100% sure if you had it at 0 to start with. I would think lowering those gains should reduce the overall boost and have no overshoot at all. Your gate maybe too small. Unplug the boost solenoid if it still overshoots the gate is too small and no setting will save you.

I would start out running the controller in open loop to get things sorted out. This uses the TPS table Boost table. Once you are comfortable everything is working correctly, then switch to closed loop MAP. Make sure your Power Adder tables are correct.

Sage advice Cal, was surprised to see with the PA mode enabled timing being taken out, the first time I enable it. Every PA table should be reviewed for unintended changes before trying the PA enable to use the boost vs time table.

My first attempt saw considerable overshooting of the target as well, so have been reviewing all available information. Having 100% duty cycle on the waste gate solenoid until the target boost is given in version 2.02 is interesting. More things to monitor