Need Help!!!

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
I took out my 12" vegas and gave them to my sister, now I have just the 4x10's and my fronts and soon to come kickpanel speakers. Heres my problem, instead of uninstalling my amp setup I decided to use it for the 4x10's. I also have a switch for the amp. Now with the 4x10's hooked up to the amp, the radio works and the cd player works, but once I pop in a tape off goes the amp and all I get is front speakers. Now I came across this problem before on other peoples radios and it was that we had the amp remote hooked to the power antenae blue wire instead of the radio remote blue wire, I checked this but I only have one blue wire coming out the back of my radio, so I'm stuck. Thats problem one, problem two is when I turn the amp of by the switch I only get front speakers, why? Help Help Help

What brand of tape deck is it? Does it have a blue with a white stripe? If ther is no amp turn on wire you will have to get a DEI remote turn on switcher, it connects to the speaker output and makes a amp turn on for you.

It's an eclipse head unit. This is really wierd, it only has a solid blue wire, which is power antenea. I've had this amp hooked to my vegas for about two years with no problems and installed my own amp switch inline of the amp remote wire and everything has always worked, but now with the amp hooked to the 4x10 It won't play tapes. I understand when I turn off the amp the 4x10's go off because they are hooked to it, but I don't understand why while the amp is on tapes won't play, as soon as the tape is inserted the amp goes off and all I hear are the front speakers. There is probably a way to hook my amp to the whole system like new cars have but I'd probably blow my front speakers, so, is there a way to have all speakers work without amp, then turn on amp by switch and have the 4x10's being powered? The way I have my amp switch is, my amp remote wire goes to a switch, then another wire from the switch goes to the only blue wire coming off the back of the radio which happens to be the power antenea, it has always worked this way.

How about connecting your remote turn on lead to a switched +12 volt source say the power wire to the radio head unit instead of the blue wire. That way as long as the ign. switch is on and your remote switch too the amp. will go on. The blue wire loses power on the insertion of the tape which kills the amp.

Just my .02 and might work.

Salvagev6, you were right. After looking through a few audio websites I decided to try the amp remote wire to the acc power wire coming off the radio and it works. This really had me stumped.

Hey I took time out of my busy day, errr useless life, and you're out looking for the answer on audio websites? :eek:

Just look right here for ALL your answers to lifes puzzling questions...... ;)

You can always hook up a relay with a switch so you can turn amps on and off. if you only have one remote turn on, it should never turn off when tape is inserted into deck.

Wizard: I've had a switch for my amp in my car for about 2yrs while using the vegas, and my amp remote wire was hooked to the power antenea the whole time and everything worked fine. But when I hooked the amp to the 4x10's and changed nothing else, when tape was put in off went amp and 4x10's, I have no clue why. I wanted to keep the switch but then with it off all I got was front speakers cause the 4x10's are going to the amp, so now I have the amp wired directly to the acc power wire on deck and everything including tapes work fine. I tried to hook the 4x10's to the deck and the amp so when switch is off I would still have all my speakers and then when switch is on the 4x10's would go louder, be powered. But it didn't work, is there a way to do this??

also, right now the front speakers are running like stock, off the deck, the 4x10's are running off the amp, so the rear speaker wires from the deck are not being used. I was thinking of exstending them and using them for the kickpanel speakers. Does this sound ok?