You can type here any text you want

need info. on 78 le sabre, 3.8 L, turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chaw

Looking for repair manuals for 78 le sabre sport coupe, 3.8 litre turbo.

I'm having difficulty with vacuum hose connections and spark plug wire routes to distributor cap. If anyone has any suggestions or info. it would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks.

You'll probably have better luck over in the proper forum, so I'll move this to Before Black.

thanks to both of you! Sure am having trouble getting info but hopefully someone out there can help!

I am also recommending you spend some time watching the ebay auctions. Decide what you are looking for, set a price you are willing to pay, and wait. Go to car shows and check out the literature vendors. Some of the good buys are there.

I have picked up the factory turbo training pamphlets, the small and large dealer brochures, the post cards, a worn and a nice owners manual, the service manual, the body manual, the product selling information binder, the color, trim&selling manual, the advance sealer album, the dealership time guides, the stack of interior trim and fabrics, and somewhere I have the sheet with the paint chips.

There is a ton of information to be found with some patience and a little effort. I have copies of ads found at flea markets, magazines with road tests that I received and found.

Compile all the information you can and living with one of these older turbo cars gets a lot easier.

thanks for that information, Silver. I have been watching EBAY and continue to. My time is somewhat limited but I do have family on the look out for manuals...they're a tough find, that's for sure.

Thanks again to Turbodave and b4black as well !

I ordered the shop manuals from a number that a car dealer gave me,The first ones i ordered were for a Dodge Daytona it came with four 300 page books and told you how to fix everything from the Chasis to all the wiring Diagrams Those four books cost me $90, Then i ordered the books for my regal, there are 2 books with all the information i would need to fix anything on the car and they cost me $110. If they have the book(s) for your car i think it would be about the same price. Here's the number:

1-800-458-2734

Then just ask them that you are looking for the shop manuals for your car and hopefully they'll have them. Good Luck and i hope this helped!

Patrick

P.S. Took about 3 weeks to get the books.:D

Thanks Baron VOn Buick...I called and they do have a selection of manuals for my car!

b4black

Thanks again. I'll check them out for a repair manual as well.
I just finished rewiring..new spark plugs, replaced a vacuum hose...even bought good wires and insulation for them but the car still has no power :confused:

The BEST thing you can do right now is connect a pressure (boost) gauge to the turbo outlet and see what's going on.

Back