You can type here any text you want

Need Info on head gasket repair Please!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

78TurboMali

I belive i have a blown head gasket on my 87 T. i thought it to be the egr leaking and replaced the egr and gasket but the noise continued. We pulled off the oil filler neck and the car pushed out compression and would run like complete crap! So i have Everything i think i need to do the head gaskets and rear main seal , which i will be doing with the motor out of the car. However i have been looking for a good thread or article on step by step instructions but can seem to find anything. I have a few questions in my head that i would like to get answered before i go in. Sitting the gasket and torquing down the head i think illbe fine, but im wondering if i need to spray any sealent or anything on the gasket and how do I torque/ adjust the rocker arms? If anyone can answer my questions or point me in the direction of a good informative thread or artcle i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Back