You can type here any text you want

need little help with xfi please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo george

the water neck blew a hole car got hot 240 260 cooled it down got it home was close pulled stuff off car intake pipe and upper hose put all back together car would not start xfi not flashing 6 cylinders but flashing 8 looks to me like it went into default mode how do i get i back to the program thanks in advance for anyone who can help me:confused:

Unplug the orange wire from the hood for about 10 seconds then plug it back in. THen start the car.

battery in trunk computer tied into load side of cutoff switch also happened 2 weeks ago went out of town on business came back yesterday put it back together this morning just went out and checked that again still no start ?????

If the cranking voltage is to low the ecu will go into flash mode also, or have you grounded the flash wire some how? Is the crank light flashing red?

I doubt it's your program. I would plug your laptop in and verify your sensors are reading correctly and the program is correct. Remember the XFI will crank in B2B mode so the lights may fool you. Since your injector lights are flashing, you have a crank signal. If you are CCCI ignition you probably have a cam signal too. The computer really can't go to a "default" program.

i will plug the computer in and check might need some help with that what is ccci and while i was out of town for 2 weeks i turned all power off to car

plug the computer in went communications selected connect the tool bar turned on but the two little red dots at the bottom right of the screen did not turn green and i don't believe the unit were talking to each other HELP PLEASE and thank you to those who dont know and stepped in to help on a weekend

When you turn the ignition on what lights are on the xfi box ?

ignition on just green power led crank motor power green
crank red
cam flashing yellow 2-3 second flashes
points fast flashing orange
cylinders 8 instead of 6 but not very bright

OK that seems right. SO you can;t communicate with the computer, what happens when you press f2 with the key on? does it sat ecu not found, or com port fail open?

the cylinders is not right should only have 6 led running and it doesn't fire after cranking

You have lost +12v power to your injectors. I have just verified this, go check for a blown fuse as Cal was mentioning. Turn thr key on and probe both sides of all the fuses with a test light.

This is what happens with no power at the injectors.

[video=youtube;u9GkZn5M5M4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9GkZn5M5M4[/video]

This is what happens when you have power at the injectors....

[video=youtube;yv0FXulFUwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0FXulFUwo[/video]

just got back from dinner the second video with power at the injectors appears to be my issue i wish i had those computer skills as well

George did you make any progress? Your saying all 8 lights are flashing while cranking? That is normal.

got busy with work now sitting in hotel room will get back to it this week will let you know when i get back first chance had to get back on site really appreciate the help among community members

No problem, I'm sure you will figure it out.

just a post to thank cal ten minutes on the phone while he was on his way to bg and he found the problem tps sensor went bad he put a bandaide on it and back to life she came yea!!!!! (would have been five if cell phones didn't break up and i would put on my glasses)

Glad you're back running, George. I am wondering if the steam from your broken thermostat housing damaged the TPS :confused:

either that or water got on it it went all over that side of motor because of the fan once again thanks cal

Back