You can type here any text you want

NEED OPINION ON READING MY PLUGS.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

yes thanks for looking. just pulled these there they were installed about maybe 2 month weekend drives mostley the 5and 6 look darker then the rest i know they don't share the same coil pack howabout the injecter wires .thanks in advance .

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
need deeper view to read correctly. That being said looks lean. what plugs are you using?? Bob Baileys power logger takes the guess work out of tuning the relatevley stock Buick. It will be the best money you spend along with turbo tweaks SD chip

i got the powerlogger check my sig but cant pinpoint the problem misses real bad when cold and under throttle but after it gets warm it goes away runs good. but comming to a stop o2s go down and it misses at the begining when the light turns green and i hit the gas then the o2s go up and it clears .cant pinpoint the problem with the powerlogger or i just dont know what i am looking at the plugs are the acdelco r44ts ant ideas thanks.

hers some closer pics of the plugs the 5and 6 are alittle darker thanthe rest

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 201
There are some really good articles on reading plugs on the net. With that being said. To accurately read a plug as to what your engine is doing under load needs to addressed after a hard pull/run then shut down and checked. If you are letting the car idle around or after a Sunday drive the conditions change....…and so does your reading.

ok thanks i just put in autolites 25 when i took these out i only started the car and let it idle for about a minute so going to take it for a run and then pull the plugs see what happens thanks again.ed.

I have read about spacers that are specific to the Turbo Buick, it could be uneven fuel and air flow to cylinders? Easy install, sort of like those "turtle" plenum spacers for small block chevys.

That post was meant for the OP. But yes that is the plate. Good if you have a stock turbo or ta49

5 and 6 look like you're burning oil. and, no, they don't share a coil pack.

And are your center electrodes beat all to pieces like the pictures make them look?

na they dont look bad heres a closer pic thanks

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 124
Look at the base ring on the top plug you just posted... is it flat black or wet/gloss black?

well that's backwards. If you're running rich it's usually the rear cylinders that like to run lean. ESP without a powerplate. Is your ignition system in good shape?

i have the power plate just check to packs both were good with the caspers coil and modul tester a freind help me with that.new wires and plugs after i pulled these plugs still has that bad miss when cold and giving gas but after it warms up it runs good no misses but after a blast and i let off on the peddle the o2s go to zero on sm and the lc1 guage starts to flashn7.5.but when ihit the gas again the o2s go back up on the sm but i would have to turn off and start the car to clear the lc1 flashing .any ideas?

The O2s go to zero on decel because of DFCO. That's normal. The wideband should max high high on the numerical scale. My PLX reads 19,9 as it's highest reading.

Are you TPS and IAC numbers set correctly? Fairly new injectors with a modern matching chip?

Back