Need Quick Answer about GT3255e

SpoolinUpGN

I'm looking at a precision .63 exhaust housing gt3255e turbo, pictures show its clean. he says there is zero in/out shaft play and a "slight bit" of up/down play. Is that normal? I'm looking to replace my factory stocker and heard this turbo is a bit better to run with a stock converter and i want to be sure it will be ok for a daily driver/weekend racer. claims he used turbo for ~6 months ~5,000 miles and about 10 track passes.

Thanks for any help and checkin this out

joe

SpoolinUpGN said:
I'm looking at a precision .63 exhaust housing gt3255e turbo, pictures show its clean. he says there is zero in/out shaft play and a "slight bit" of up/down play. Is that normal? I'm looking to replace my factory stocker and heard this turbo is a bit better to run with a stock converter and i want to be sure it will be ok for a daily driver/weekend racer. claims he used turbo for ~6 months ~5,000 miles and about 10 track passes.

Thanks for any help and checkin this out

joe
should check out gt 6133 could use stock or restall mike licht runs that one on his car

thanks but...

Thanks for the reply but i was sort of hoping for an answer to whether or not this turbo seems in good shape for a daily driver, i'm just concerned about it lasting and if that shaft play (a "slight bit" up/down) is ok?

Some up and down movement is fine. This is the oil gap in the bearing when there is no pressurised oil in the turbo.
In and out is thrust and any excessive movement there could be trouble.

The turbo appears to be fine from your description.