Need recommendation for quality AM-FM-CD.

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
As stated above, looking for a recommendation for a high quality AM-FM-CD for my '87 turbo Buick.
I am not looking for boom boxes, step-up amps, and / or speakers that do not fit in factory locations dash & rear speakers only.
Also looking for a recommendation for a high quality installation shop for same for L.A. County - Orange County SoCal area.

Me too !

want a real clean install, clean looking, quality unit, with quality speakers,
MAYBE an amp, if needed, and NO BOOM BOX/ THUMPING BASS!!!!!!!!

I swear if one of them useless booming sh!t box's come's by here one more time, :mad:

I have a pioneer unit and LOVE it! It has 3 4.5 volt preamp outputs (one for a sub amp) Supertuner3, 22 watts/channel (4), great sounding cd player, entertaining visual display, more than enough settings and adjustments (IMHO), and only cost me $160 at wally world!! :smile: Highly recomended!! It also comes with a usb input for listening to i pods. I have always had great success with Pioneer car audio products.

any pics?

how does it fit?
cleanly and factory looking?
what speakers you using?
Thanks

It fits perfect! I used the Schoche (I think that's the brand) faceplate kit combined with the factory metal box/brackets. It went in w/o a hitch. I would have preferred the din 1.5 radio, but pioneer does not make them any more. This particular radio has all the same features as the din 1.5 unit, but needs the faceplate kit to provide a clean installation (fills the gaps). I am running 3.5 Pioneers in the dash (perfect fit if bottom mounted and no interference with the dash panel), Kenwood 5.25's in the doors (slim fit speaker, no issues and fits perfectly in speaker baskets), Pioneer 6x9's in rear deck with adapters (international), a JL Audio 250 watt Mono Amp driving a JL Audio loaded 8-inchTruck sub enclosure (bought because it is compact and fit the rear deck nicely as it has the same slant/angle as back seat). I also re-configured the speaker wiring for the dash/door speakers into a series circuit (factory is parallel which will tax a radio/cd player's relatively small output). It all sounds great! I will be adding another two channel amp though to drive the rear deck 6x9's and will just beef up the amp feed wire and use a junction block. By doing so, I will then put the speaker wiring (dash/door) back to parallel to extract the most power from the radio amp. no pics yet, will try to post. Nothing to fancy here, just plain works for me. I had similar set up in my previous car. Also, I attached the sub amp right to the back of the sub enclosure.