You can type here any text you want

need short story on VEGOS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ricky Trussell

Guys in search of my problem I need someone to explain"vegos" and what effects the reading. Also what are normal readings and what would happen to make this go up or down? In general just what is it other than a " diagnostic value" I think thats what the manual says.

Wasn't he that bad guy in Ghostbusters II??

hehe sorry couldn't resist.

I thought the bad guy was Gozer... :D

I'll get to this one and a few others here later. Much to do today.

Oh yeah, there was also V-Ger from the first star trek movie...

Anyhow, back to the short story on UEGOS.

Once upon a time, there was a little bear named UEGOS. UEGOS had a very important mission in life; his job was to let the ECU know that the heater element inside the O2 sensor is functioning correctly, which in and of itself further implies that the sensor as a whole is in good working order.

UEGOS was born in some laboratory in Japan. His mommy was a nuclear physicist and his daddy was a super-whizbang world famous rocket scientist who won on Jeopardy rather frequently. As a result, the exact inner workings of what UEGOS does are somewhat of a mystery to most folk.

UEGOS's goal in life is to stabilize near 0.45 volt when connected to a running engine. Sometimes UEGOS will need to bobble around a little bit, and that's usually OK. As long as UEGOS is, say, +/- 0.1 volt, things are likely fine. However, when UEGOS gets too far away from 0.45 volt, it is an indication of a problem somewhere in O2sensorland.

The end.

I promise to abandon the short story format from now on. :D

I thought he was the head honcho bandit in the original 'Magnificent Seven':D

Originally posted by Craig Smith

His mommy was a nuclear physicist and his daddy was a super-whizbang world famous rocket scientist who won on Jeopardy rather frequently.

Are they related to the GE computer nerd and the HOT model?:confused:

Craig, I think you just helped me fing my 1 1/2 yr.old problem. Is there any reason for my VEGOS to go to 51 ? I have a log that show a range of 43 thru 51. If you have read my tuning post you will get to where I have been for the 1 1/2 yrs. I can't seem to get my engine tuned.

Are there any test you would recommend me do?

Ricky - Over the past couple of months I thought we addressed this by having you run the program in open loop through that trouble spot. That would demonstrate that the O2 control is or is not what's causing the problem.

Rick, you are right. I got excited about a solution and on my way to Memphis I remembered what all we had discussed and what I had done. I have run without a wide band, no change. I have ruled out vacumm problems, if it was vacumm it should show in more areas.
I did some more logs on the way to Memphis but see nothing that stands out. I am convinced it is a firing issue. I think the engine is miss firing for some reason at 2000rpm but clears up after because it goes from not correcting fuel to adding 24% then back to not correcting at 2200. I just can't track it down. I have changed plugs and wires. I will probably change distributors next.

I thought about voltage but after logging I see 13.4 volts all the time.

Back