You can type here any text you want

Need some advice on my stereo setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

I need a little bit of advice. Here is my current set up for my car stereo. I have the stock radio, new pioneer speakers up front, stock door speakers, and cerwin vega 6x8s in the rear. I have a used 2 year old Alpine CD player that I got from a friend that will go in there. I really want to get more out of it and need some advice as to what will sound really good. I want a loud crisp sound, with a decent bass but not enough to rattle the car next to me if you know what I mean. I was going to replace the door speakers with a good aftermarket speaker. What would you recomend? I also want to get 1 10" subwoofer in a box, but I don't know what I should get, and don't know audio equipment very well. What amp should I use, I want it reliable and very crisp. Should I get a 2 way, and hook the sub and the 6x8s up to the amp. Any ideas would be great. Since I already have the new front and rear speakers and a head unit, I was hoping to get the rest for under 500? Is this reasonable, and what brands should I look for. Thanks for the help.

A little help here::

I would do a search on e-bay(car audio and electronics section)-for a 5-channel amp (american made)--such as precision power,hifonics,autotek,or Orion or something like a/d/s or soundstream with crossovers built in!!!!!!!!!!!!Then find 2 10" subs that you can mount on a piece of particle board(and use the trunk as a cabinet)---with all your cables needed---you will be under $500--problem is the install---if you can do it yourself-your home free-if not-----raise your budget:eek:

Geoff

Well I ended up ordering an Alpine 10" type R sub and an Alpine amp the MRV 320 or what ever it is. I talked to a few other people I know and all said it was pretty good equipment for what I wanted it to do. I also ordered my boston accoustic speakers for the door. With just the CD player installed now and my cerwin vega 6x8s in the back and the pioneers up front my mids and highs are incredible so I think with the one 10 I will be happy with how it sounds. Thanks Ghall.:D

Back