Need some advice

JCSTTA

USAF
I intalled a 204/214 cam, lifters, 980 valve springs, a new chain this weekend on my TTA. The cam was broken in properly and the car was running perfect after we were done. Today I went out to pull the car in the garage to change the oil and it started right up then died and didn't want to start back. It finally started and puffed black smoke for a split second (may have been flooded) and then ran kinda rough. I pullled it into the garage and noticed a loud ticking/knocking sound coming form the pass side. I tried to find it but as soon as the car warmed up it went away and ran perfect.

Oil pressure was 80 cold and 40 once the car had warmed up. Motor was primed and fired on the first try, cam was boken in for 25/30 minutes and has been run a total of about 45 minutes since the cam was installed.

This has got me kinda scared so advice is a appreciated.
TIA

I wouldn't panic yet. Too soon to tell. Start it up tommorrow and see if it does the same thing. Pretty darn cold were your at isn't it. Car may have just been cold and cranky or the idle is set a little to rich. With that new cam you may have to make a few minor adjustments. LOL Sounds like your probably OK since it ran good once it was warmed up and the ticking went away.