You can type here any text you want

need some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
All I was saying is when it gets up to 23-24psi it gets up to 10-15 degrees of knock unless I'm over looking something. But thanks for your time and everyone else that added to this.

All I was saying is when it gets up to 23-24psi it gets up to 10-15 degrees of knock unless I'm over looking something. But thanks for your time and everyone else that added to this.

Then as I stated 2-3 posts ago you are probably running lean. You need to adjust the fueling in the chip or bump the fuel pressure up to get you back to the same O2 parameters as when you're running 20 psi. You've said more than once that you get knock when you bump the boost up so what do you think will happen when you bolt on ported heads and intake (more air flow) and don't address the lean fuel issue????? Kaboom!!! So you see more parts don't mean crap, you must learn to tune your combo first. Make small adjustments bump up the boost 2lbs maybe 4lbs on the fuel. It will be rich but at least it will be safe. If you don't get any knock then bumb the boost up a little more. As a disclaimer you should know that the higher level of boost you go the more catastrophic the damage could potentially be.

you could run alky or race gas. that way you could turn the boost up. the reason i said heads and intake, it will allow you to run lower boost and make more power. keeping you in the area your at as for octane. this is the $$$ way, you could do it by tunnning and race gas.

e85 with your current setup is probably lean like everyone else has said. time to bump the pressure up and see if it helps some. it might be time to address your fuel system

Ok dude have it your way. The parameters on the chip are set up to insure that your injectors deliver enough fuel @ the rated 20psi at a predetermined duty cycle. You can offset that buy raising the boost and / or the fuel pressure. Besides I think most TT chips are adjustable. Do you know how many people on this board are running 24,25,30 psi on a 20psi chip? Countless, but have it your way. I'm trying to tell you the most cost effective way to get you to where you want to be, but you can only lead a horse to water so I'm out. I'm sure you'll make it either way but the difference will be 0 dollars and a couple thou more. Good Luck!!

DANG it... BOOSTMASTER is right again:-). 231CARLO, what is your current fuel pressure at idle and WOT? Getting knock at 22-23lbs is still low for E85. I agree you are leaning out. E85 has a sweet spot above 25lbs. I would up the boost back to 22/23 lbs and increase fuel. I would keep increasing fuel pressure. I wish I could be more help as I also am going to E85 on my setup. My engine is almost complete. I am getting the 340l pump and I am starting out with 83lb injectors. I am getting my stock heads ported and intake also.

Ac delco don't remember the part number off the top of my head but they are set at .35.. Fuel pressure is at 42lbs line off I took the gauge back off after I made sure the fuel pressure went up with the boost.

I was running 44ts plugs gapped at .28, just swapped out to 42ts plugs. Seems my kr flashes have dissappeared. And trust me you did not want to see my plugs that i took out.

honestly i forgot what plugs were in the motor from when i did the rebuild. Didn't think about it till after I got off the dyno on saturday and realized that may have been my issue for some kr...sorry for the thread jack.

the way i see it nothing is hijacking if its info or advice, ive gotten so use to the old sbc and ls1's so whatever that can be added is welcome. for like what boostmaster was saying im not doubting what he is saying and sorry if i came off that way but its just that i have had this car for 2 months now and in the first week it blew both head gaskets at 15lbs

IMOP you both need to invest in a Powerlogger a WB and a TT WB Chip

Back