You can type here any text you want

need some FAST help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

typhoon

Sorry it isn't buick related. I am a big buick fan and typhoon owner, hopefully that helps.

Setting up FAST on a honda 600 f3 motor, on a formula SAE car for the local college. Garrett has given up a couple turbos, also.

Here are my questions:

1: What is max RPM? The motor will go to 12.5k, seems fast only goes to 10k. Couldn't get it to rescale any larger.

2: Crank trigger: Stock is magnetic, and has 9 "cogs" on the wheel, all bunched to 180deg. of rotation. How many do I need on the new setup? Using the stock coils (4cyl, 2 coils, waster spark) and a eDist. I am thinking either 2 or 4, lending toward just 2.

3: I am assuming magnetic will work for both the crank and cam signals. I am also guessing from website, the cam needs to be 50deg. BTDC.

4: I also saw the lowest CI displacement was 60, I don't think this will be a big issue, as I can work around it.

5: Any other pitfalls, I should look for?

Why are you using the FAST for this? I have a 2002 Yamaha R1 with a Power Commander IIIr. It has alot of the basic features of the FAST system, but designed for a motorcycle engine like you're working with. Maybe I'm missing something here... But also about $1500 cheaper. :) I'm really surprised that a FAST system will even work on a motorcycle motor.

Derrick

Back