You can type here any text you want

Need Some Guidance Guys...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

strikeeagle

Gents,

I'm buying an ME-16 for a track only car.

The car uses C16 exclusively.

The car has lots of bolt-ons, with a stock motor, and has run a best of 11.249 @ 121.34.

Car will run 25-30 PSI.

Can somebody suggest some timing for me?

Thanks very much.

I know Steve usually does 2 settings for timing, but can he do more?

Maybe he can do 3 settings @ 18 or 20* for the drive to track (or is it trailered?) and split the other 14 or 15 settigs with one at like 24* and one at 28* ? Dunno if he can do that or not though.

I do know that the one guy in our club that runs 11.0's and 11 teens with a stock longblock other than a 210/205 cam and he runs 25 psi boost and 28* timing. Hope that is of some help.

Steve normally advocates reducing timing as turbo size increases.

His standard timing is 24 degs but he will go higher. I think one of my chips for a TE44 was 28 degs but he really does not like to go higher than 26. I believe he has made some stock turbo chips that went over 30 as I recall. I think each tw pos was a different timing.

His main concern is saving you from yourself. :) If you promise to run only C116, he will give you more-and probably warn you about 28 times about detonation!

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

Steve has proposed 24 and 26 degrees, and I'm taking his good advice. He surely knows a hell of a lot more about it than me. This runs consistent with the lion's share of what I've read on the board. My sense is that any less probably won't make the best use of C16, and any more is probably asking for it.

:D

Back