You can type here any text you want

need some help with my alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shocker998md

so i installed my alky two weeks ago and its been working fine. Now its being very tempermental. I will turn it on, set the dial to 5, hit test, and the car bogs down. I will then go take it out and lay into it, and it seems that the alky isnt spraying because i will get knock retard and it almost seems like the car is missing. My led light comes on saying that it is, but im getting knock and the car is not running right. So then i will pull over, hit the test button and i get nothing, turn the dial to off and then turn it back on and test it and it will spray. I have done this with the up pipe off the car so i can see it spray and not spray, but when i turn the dial off and then back on it will spray. Does anybody have any ideas? ive cleaned the nozzle really good and blew it out with air, the 3 bar map sensor is brand new, and last time i check my connections where good. any help would be great.
Kenny

Who's alky kit is it? If its alkycontrol Razor will probably be around pretty soon. If its smc or some other kit I'd probably give them a call.

Turning it off or on shouldnt make any difference to the way it works. meaning there is nothing that resets when you turn it off.

You have an LED that changes colors when the system makes pressure. This LED goes from red to green. If you lay into it and it stays red.. the you have a problem... and need to pull out. Typically should go green by the time your at 12 PSI boost.

You may want to try the knob setting on 6 or 7 and see if there is a change.

And you can always call me during the day. Troubleshooting over forums is real tough. Tough enough over the phone.

If LED goes green.. then you have alky 100%

It almost sounds to me like there is an issue with the MAP sensor wire... or maybe no 5v going into the MAP sensor.

I had a similar problem... everything seemed fine unless I got into boost and relied on the MAP sensor signal to trigger the Alky... I found that the MAP sensor didn't have 5v going to it.

After I tapped into the 5v wire at the TPS to feed the MAP, I was good to go and it worked perfect.

Not trying to step on Julios toes here... just offering my own personal experience with a similar issue. :cool:

alright ill look into the map wire, i was thinking it may have been something with that. I bought the kit from a member, and it was before the kit changed the led to go from red to green. If messing with the map wire does fix it ill give you a call. Thanks guys
Kenny

alright ill look into the map wire, i was thinking it may have been something with that. I bought the kit from a member, and it was before the kit changed the led to go from red to green. If messing with the map wire does fix it ill give you a call. Thanks guys
Kenny

This means the pump is now from 2005 or earlier.

If your having pump problems... its now 4+ years old. You may want to look into the pump for issue.

If you press the test button it sends voltage to the pump. You can get a voltmeter and wire it across the red and black pump wires. If you see 3.5-4.0 volts DC it should spin the pump and move liquid. If it doesnt move liquid and the voltage is there=new pump time.

Two things either its electrical or mechanical. If you have voltage.. and pump dosnt woirk.. you have your answer. Same, you hit the test button and you dont have voltage, then its a controller problem.

TIP.. look at the Power Injection bulb.. if it illuminates.. the PAC is sending voltage.

When you go into boost is when the MAP is used. But the MAP sensor has nothing to do with the kit spraying when the test button is used. So when you pulled the hose off checking for liquid.. and nothing came out.. the MAP sensor had nothing to do with that problem.

I had a similar issue LONG ago. I would hit the test button till the motor stumbled and then I would go out and drive the car. I would get into boost and it would act like no alky was spraying. Julio helped me diagose the check valve in the pump was bad, so I would spray it until it bogged the motor then drive the car and it wouldn't have any alky in the line.

changed my pump out with another one i had when i bought the kit off of a member here. its all working as of now. thanks guys

Back