You can type here any text you want

need some project encouragement! just an update!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Slow starting is normal in the winter, just keep your battery up.
Deleting the PCV will not increase MPG, having one helps MPG

what does anybody think about the edelbrock performer 4bbl intake conversion...or like previous threads, a 4.1 intake mod to 4bbl? is that a good performance:gas milage swap..? friends keep saying NO...get a 305 or 350..a v6 is not worth it...? they sey no upgrade exhuast becasuse more air out would cause a v6 to downgrade performance...and no intake/carb swap bacuse it a v6 and not worth it...im not looking for a 10 sec track car...just a good sleeper..LOL
what you guys think? i know i talk alot! :-)

I do remember that where you are cars had to have a state inspection. You may want to see what mods to the engine you can get by with first. If emissions is an issue you can get a 4.1 intake and bolt it right on along with the Q-jet and get about 30 more HP out of it. If you want more than that you'll need to upgrade the cam and a few other things.

I do remember that where you are cars had to have a state inspection. You may want to see what mods to the engine you can get by with first. If emissions is an issue you can get a 4.1 intake and bolt it right on along with the Q-jet and get about 30 more HP out of it. If you want more than that you'll need to upgrade the cam and a few other things.

cool... in a nutshell. is the 4.1 intake somewhat similar to the 3.8? as far vacuum holes, or plugs, or anything else here? like will it be sorta... plug and play type of bolt setup? or.....?!?!

It's pretty much plug and play. The intake just bolts on like normal and the only thing you'll need to do is look at the front of the carb and make sure all the lines go in the same place. The back of the carb is a little different but it should be about the same. You're looking for an E4ME carb for the 4.1 and it should be amost exactly the same as the 2 barrel you have on it now but it is a 4 instead of a 2.

all i can say is wow! my collision on i76W!

Attachments

• buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 159
That sucks. What happened?

warped brake rotots + no abs = that in my opinion! LOL
but no... seriously! driving behind some chick on 76, mind you shes going maybe 40 mph...speed limit is 50 or so, but im driving behind at maybe 40ish, gating her at about 15 ft or so.... when all of sudden she brake slams because the right lane is cutting her off because of her speed! i slam....wheels lock, boom!
but miraculously the only thing wrong with the engine was my hei cap came loose...i snapped it back and she started right back up!

YEP.
would ya mind checking my other thread out too...about belts?

ABS won't help bad driving habits. Not being mean but with a car this old you have to give enough room in case something like this happens. They don't stop on a dime unless you know how to make them do it. If you're going down the road you need to learn to pump the brake pedal in a panic stop. It really will help you stop the car faster.

ABS won't help bad driving habits. Not being mean but with a car this old you have to give enough room in case something like this happens. They don't stop on a dime unless you know how to make them do it. If you're going down the road you need to learn to pump the brake pedal in a panic stop. It really will help you stop the car faster.

shouldn't you be working or something?;):biggrin:

take it into consideration.. use to the little 03 kia..and 03 intrepid! whole diff ball game from a regal! LOL. but yea... just grabbed a new header panel. darker gray than the car, but hey, i got lights and drive around less paranoid now! ha.
ill post some pics 2mar... now im on my search for bumper fillers! oh the joy!
i have no clue how to hook up these headlights.i know the 3 prong one is high beam...and the two prong lights is low! but i wanna run two highs... with one only activated when the low beams are on...either that or HIDs! what yall think?

You've got the light plugs backwards. 2 wire plug is for the high and 3 plug is for the low.

Good price on the scoop but you'll need to cut a hole to do it. I think it's look kinda imtimdating until you took off and didn't go anywhere. LOL

Good price on the scoop but you'll need to cut a hole to do it. I think it's look kinda imtimdating until you took off and didn't go anywhere. LOL

lol...nice one! but yea i mite just get it... for 40 bucks...cant beat it! lol. paint it black...red the flaps red tho! NICE!

lol...nice one! but yea i mite just get it... for 40 bucks...cant beat it! lol. paint it black...red the flaps red tho! NICE!

If nothing else you can resell it on evilbay and make a killing. LOL:biggrin:

yes....was just thinking the same! besides i think i want a sleeper anyway. what am i gonna do about my sagging rear end...(on the car..lol). ill post a pic and you tell me what you think 2mar?!! so far... i got two new brake rotors (duralast) and a st of pads (duralast gold..... YES I WORK AT AUTOZON NOW) lol.. gonna be putem on 2mar too

Well I work at Az myself so I may be able to help you with the parts in one way or another.

Back