You can type here any text you want

need some quick help removing dash console

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

i'm trying to get the main dash console off. (the one that covers the guages, etc on the driver side). it appears there is 1 bolt i still need to get to - over on bottom passenger side. it seems like the passenger cover is on top of it. i removed the screws from the bottom of the passenger side cover - but it appears stuck up on the top right side... right where the curve is, where the ws6 badge is stuck on.

am i on the right track for removing the dash console? do i need to get off the passenger side side cover first? if so - what do i need to do to get that small passenger side cover off?

thanks!!!!

(calling it a night before i break some hard to find plastic console pieces ;) )

ps - here's a pic i found from the service manual. i don't see anything in my manual about a screw over on the far right side - but it sure seems like something is holding it on.

in this pic - it would be on the far right side... just off the edge of the pic.

http://www.hioutput.com/tech/trim.gif

I removed one on my 350 car this last winter. It's been a while but I recall a screw or a clip on the right hand side where you describe. I remember haveing to remove the pasenger side bottom panel, then the plastic trim piece with the "perf suspension" label on it to get to it. I think you also need to remove the pods with the defrost/trunk buttons, and light switches. And by the way, if it's not already off, remove the dash pad unless you want to drop the steering column to get the gauge cover out. Once you get all this stuff out of the way you will be able to get it out, but it's a tight fit with the steering column.

sounds like what i've done.

to remove the passenger side - do i have to remover the lower kick plate first? the small panel with the perfomance suspension tag seems stuck on the right side near the curve where it wraps over to the door. my manual shows what appears to be 3 srews or plugs right there but i see nothing there. does it just pop out or am i missing something over there?

To remove the panel with the performance badge there is 3 screws from underneath (just above the passangers feet). Then the top part of the panel is just held in place by some small "tabs" so you just angle it slightly and pullout / down and it should come loose, be a bit careful but basicly nothing should break that easy. Then once that one is gone you will see one screw holding the gauge cluster cover in place. As long as you removed all the screws holding the gauge cluster cover (you will need to remove the plastic bit with the fog light switches, 2 screws from underneath) you will be able to remove it just lower the steering wheel as far as it will go and then you can just slightly bend the top part using your fingers so it clears the dashpad it self.

Then the top part of the panel is just held in place by some small "tabs" so you just angle it slightly and pullout / down and it should come loose, be a bit careful but basicly nothing should break that easy. Then once that one is gone you will see one screw holding the gauge cluster cover in place

thanks! i'm gonna get back on it tonight ;)

Back