Need T-bolt clamp for THDP

dgreene

Broke as hell.........
Got a Terry houston DP from full throttle speed and it didn't come with a t-bolt clamp to attach the cutout........ I got a 3" from Summit thinking the size was right but it's closed size is not enough to clamp it down. Maybe 3" is the closed size on that clamp.......
Which size clamp do I need to get? 2.5?

Don't clamp the DP to the cut out. Just slide it over the cut out---the DP needs to be able to move.

Seriously? It does fit pretty tight without anything, but have never done anything on an exhaust system that didn't need to be secured. I'll try it that way and see what happens. Thanks!!

If it is tight enough and slipsfar enough into into the dp it should not be a problem w/out a clamp. On an old Talon TSi i had i ran 3" exhaust and at about the middle of the car ran a slip fit into the back protion of the exhaust and it didnt leak or have any problems, i would just make sure you use all the mouting points on the rest of the exaust. Edit- I guess this is still logged into my dads name, btw im new here and just traded my dad so ill be around. Later fellas.

If you use aneything use a band clamp. It will seal and still have some give if needed.

You don't need the clamp Donnie. If it was required, I'm sure Terry would make them that way. Trust me, just slip it on. Brian

Thanks guys!! I'm going to try it out with out one.

When I got it, the box was tore open on one end, so I didn't know if I was supposed to get one and it fell out or if it never had one, plus I'm not used to stuff not being secured.

:)

OK, MAYBE IF I SAY IT YOU WILL LISTEN. DO NOT (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) CLAMP A THDP. IT'S MADE TO SLIP TO TAKE THE STRAIN OF EXHAUST SYSTEM LOADS OFF THE TURBO. THE THDP DOES NOT COME WITH A CLAMP EXPRESSLY FOR THAT REASON. GOT IT???

Thanks guys!! I'm going to try it out with out one.
When I got it, the box was tore open on one end, so I didn't know if I was supposed to get one and it fell out or if it never had one

ok, ok.:eek: ;)

Don't think there was an issue with me not listening.....:D Just didn't know because of the above reason.