You can type here any text you want

Need Turbo Parts!!!! Help!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo F100

LOVE TURBOS!!!!
Ok, this is the story I have two TBO 305 turbos from the 301 Turbo trans am, and was wanting smaller .63 A/R exhaust housings, the one that they have are .82 A/R (correct me if i am wrong), the .82 A/R are a little big for my twin turbo project but the .63 will be perfect, I have been told that the carded turbo buicks had the smaller .63 A/R exhaust housings, is that right??, I had looked at a 78 turbo buick turbo and it had the .82 A/R housing so do the newer ones have the .63 housing?? I had the chance to buy over a hundred of these GM draw threw turbos for next to nothing (just the price of scrap metal) and now am regretting I did not buy them for parts.

Oh well so would any of you have any .63 A/R housings??

Also I worked out the trim of the TBO 305 turbos and came up with a T57 on the compressor side and a trim of 60 on the exhaust side does that sound right or did I measure wrong?? also what power are some of you making with these TBO 305 turbos??

THANKS!!!!
Joel

Sometimes it takes a while to get a response. Post this int the turbo section and see what you get.

are you just wanting the housings?

i'll trade you complete for complete turbos if thats what you want...

A.j.

Turbo parts Manitoba

Eh.

Just to let you know, I am going to be parting out a real 87 Grand National here in Manitoba.

I would like to sell the whole car if possable. It is stock, compleat, 109KM car. I'm the second owner. Every thing is there {except the rear end}, clean TOD {NOT salvage} but the body is in dire streights with a gash and light hit to the pass. 1/4. I bought it for the rear end and am now trying to find a good home for the rest of the car.
I would like to see a turbo Guy end up with it rather than scatter it into the wind. I would like $4500.

Actually I just need the housings, I would buy two complete turbos but have been having a problem finding any, I do not want to part with the ones I have as I already took them apart to rebuild, If I have to I will use the .82 A/R housings and see how much lag I will have, but I know with them being rear mounted turbos that the .82 A/R is going to be a little big for the quick spool I am looking for.

These turbos are getting harder and harder to find, even the ford and dodge ones of the 80's and 90's are getting hard to find, next time I have the chance to buy any of these turbos I am going to take what I can get.

Well your in luck.... i have refurbed units and cores if you need them. I also have a few blown ones that the exhaust housings are good..... Im looking for the larger housings for my turbos .... maybe we could trade a housing for housing.

A.j.

AJ, do you have a correct waste gate and good accuator for an 83 t type? I only have the 81 style.

You need to read up some. The 81 is kinda a bastard child. Normally open and the others are normally closed to help build boost. Go to Rich's before black website and do some reading. Very informative.

You need to read up some. The 81 is kinda a bastard child. Normally open and the others are normally closed to help build boost. Go to Rich's before black website and do some reading. Very informative.

:rolleyes: OOps...LoL! Just because it's an '81 does'nt mean it uses an '81 turbo WG and elbow. It's a hybrid turbo consisting of 82/83 turbo parts. My bad..:D

I dont have any actuators that are any good I think off hand, been meaning to order some... but i might have a couple of good used ones hidden in the shed. I'll take a look.

A.j.

Ok Aj, I don't want to get rid of my bigger housings because if I build a stroker later I will need them, but how much would you want for your smaller housings or two complete turbos not rebuilt?? Let me know.

A core shop that I get all my used engine parts from called me and told me that they might have found the turbos I need in the process of packing all there stuff for the move, but I have not looked at them yet so they might be the bigger housing units.

Aj how much for your rebuilt units? you balance them right?

THANKS!!!!
Joel

I thought I would add this for laughs, I put it in my other post.

Hello anyone here???? :confused: I guess you guys and gals do not care about these old turbos LOL:confused: :mad: , Remember if it was not for these draw threw turbos the BUICK turbo revolution would not have happened and well many of us would not be here today, think about it many of us may have been conceived in the back of a turbo BUICK :D :p :biggrin: :) LOL

Hope you guys and gals get a laugh!!!!

Ok Aj, I don't want to get rid of my bigger housings because if I build a stroker later I will need them, but how much would you want for your smaller housings or two complete turbos not rebuilt?? Let me know.

A core shop that I get all my used engine parts from called me and told me that they might have found the turbos I need in the process of packing all there stuff for the move, but I have not looked at them yet so they might be the bigger housing units.

Aj how much for your rebuilt units? you balance them right?

THANKS!!!!
Joel

well i can get you the core housings, i try and pick up all of the carb turbo stuff that comes along..... so i can spare just the housings. what do ya say to 15 each + shipping....

As for the rebuilt units, I dont rebuild them myself there all remans that i have scored from ebay over the years.

Let me know, i'll work with ya for what you need.

A.j.

AJ, I need the waste gate more than the accuators. Where are you getting yours? I haven't found a supplier yet.

AJ, I need the waste gate more than the accuators. Where are you getting yours? I haven't found a supplier yet.

Ok, so you need the wastegate housings more than the actuator?

sorry if im confused!

LOL

I do have 2 decent 83 Actuators if you need them.
I have a couple of Wastegate housings all years.

I was getting alot of my parts and rebuild from Turbo City - but there not stocking much for parts anymore... I'll will keep you updated as to if I find anymore sources.

A.j.

I need the normally closed waste gate and accuator. PM me with a price PLEASE! The car I have had an 81 turbo and wastegate put on it and I need the other for boost building. Thanks

Back