You can type here any text you want

need your opinion gents!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Ok guys,

I am currently installing tubular front suspension on my GN. I already lowered the rear about 1" by using springs (Moog 5614s). I want my front tires to tuck a little more so my plan was to install new springs (Moog 5658s) and be done.

Here is my dilemma. I am a little concerned that the Moog 5658s are not going to give me enough drop. I was hoping to drop the front 1.5"-2". Some people say the the moog springs will drop 1.5" but others say they do not.

My thought was to just run my stock springs and get 2" drop spindles from an S-10.

Should I try the Moog 5658s or just go with what works and get the drop spindles?

Let the thoughts and opinions fly gents! :biggrin:

Thanks,

Chris

IMO lowering springs are the way to go and if you do a search on "drop spindles" here you will find out quickly that drop spindles get a bunch of negative comments.

We offer a 2" drop spring for the Buick's and I have them on my personal car and I am very happy with the stance, performance and ride.

Scot W.

I have the Moog 5658s and are very happy with them. With that being said, a lot of people are seeing varying degrees of drop or rise with the 5658s.

When I bought back springs, I went with the Global West springs.

The DSE's Scott sells appear to be pretty consistent, so that may be a good route to go.

Rob

Pics?

Silver and Scott,

Do either of you guys have pics of your cars with your front configuration? Would like to see the difference. Silver, how far do you think the drop was with the Moog 5658s? May not matter too much but I have a fiberglass hood (weighs about as much as the stocker) and a glass bumper on my car (difference of about 50 lbs)

Thanks guys!

Chris

Silver and Scott,

Do either of you guys have pics of your cars with your front configuration? Would like to see the difference. Silver, how far do you think the drop was with the Moog 5658s? May not matter too much but I have a fiberglass hood (weighs about as much as the stocker) and a glass bumper on my car (difference of about 50 lbs)

Thanks guys!

Chris
In this link you will find everything you need to know about my set up.

Note: The moog 5658 has a spring rate of 579lbs vs the DSE spring rate of 575lbs.

Here is a picture of my car from BG this year.

Attachments

• BGGSNAT2010025.jpg
    BGGSNAT2010025.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 179
Car looks good scott!

Hmm.... Moog's website says that spring rate is 530 lbs.

Chris

Car looks good scott!

Hmm.... Moog's website says that spring rate is 530 lbs.

Chris
Thanks for the compliment! According to my moog chart it shows 579lbs.

Attachments

• moog spring chart.jpg
    moog spring chart.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 152
Silver and Scott,

Thanks guys!

Chris

Chris,

I can't tell you exactly how much they dropped my car, as I put on the stage II kit from SC&C at the same time which also drops the front end. There is a very big thread about the 5658's here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

I recommend you read that, as there is a lot of good information in that thread.

Rob

Back