Needs paint

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
My Dad has a 1964 Comet Caliente, cars been in the family since 1974. Car has always been in great shape, and well taken care of. About a year ago it was taken down to the metal, minor body work done and primered. It sits primered today waiting for some paint. Dad is getting older, and time, energy and money have slowed down the restoration process. The interior is pretty much all that is left once paint is done. One day its, "we'll do the interior first". The next its, " lets get it painted first". I think if it gets painted it will jump start the process and we can get back on it. I'd really like to see this sweet ride back on the road looking good with the old man behind the wheel. So, I'm looking for painters in the DE/MD/NJ/PA area. Whether you have a shop, or you do it in your backyard, doesn't matter to me. He's mentioned taking it to Maaco a few times, but I've always steered him away from them. Of course it all depends on the guy doing it. So I'm not bashing all Maaco's. But I just don't want him dishing out close to $2500 -- $3000 for a paint job he isn't happy with in the end. The car is currently primered like I stated before, it would possibly need a good going over once more before paint is applied, surface rust. Everything on the exterior has been removed, so driving it a good distance legally would be a problem unless it's the only option. Let me know, throw me a price(possibly going with chevy arrival blue), and I will relay it to my Dad. If interested I can set up a meeting or a phone call between you two. Like most of us our plans change day to day, but I will keep your info and let you know I've got it, so my Dad can eventually get a hold of you. Much appreciated.

Pics of car are in my webshots link below, in the Comet folder. Pics are from a few months ago, so most of the area's in the pics that aren't taken care of have been since. But car has also been sitting for a few months through some rain storms, so surface rust has begun, but can and probably will be taken care of by us. My Dads not looking to win any contests with this car, but doesn't want a crap paint job either. **Pics on webshots were just added, so when you get to the site you have to click *newest* over on the right hand side, to view them.** The car sits outside and people are stopping all the time to talk about it, and everyone knows someone who can paint it for us. We wait, but hear nothing. So I've decided to start asking around and get this part of the restoration going.