Never seen this before....

Yep. Never seen this before.... plus how would anything that could do that to my gears get through the pickup screen?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

The factory pickup screen has a trap door that will let some pretty big stuff past it. Any idea if you're still running one of those?

also, have you examined the filter adaptor CLOSELY yet? push on the pointed filter bypass just above the filter threads and take the relief spring and valve out and look down in there. I guess there's a small chance one of those parts came loose and got routed into the pump.

Since every corner was chipped off I can't help but think something hard was hanging out in that area beating the crap out of them for a while. What does the other gear and the gear pocket look like?

Ill have the whole motor out Saturday and I was gonna check that out. The other gear looks fine and has no chips in it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Did u cut open the oil filter
Also I've seen the oil cooler in the radiator come apart be fore
And get stuck in the gears
Crack the pump & cover

Hope u have a turbo saver

Yes I cut open the filter and it was clean. I dont run the oil cooler in the radiator. I use an external cooler. When I switched to a camaro radiator I ran the transmission through it instead of the oil.

No but I dont know what kind they are.

If they are oe plastic crap
You'll know soon enough.

Oh I know they arent the oe plastic crap. Its a built motor but I just havent taken the front cover off to look at them.

Hard to imagine the aluminum pump housing not exploding before those steel gears went south...