You can type here any text you want

new AC lines..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
NE1 changed out the old hard lines with the Eaton reduced dia clip on system? {Use hose all the way.}
I talked to Vintage Air.. They have no -12 fittings for the accumulator lines. I asked if I could eliminate the accu, and use a drier, as we do on the VA unit installs. He didn't know. VA has no GM fittings.

NE1 have any insights on how to do this?

I went thru this on my 77 shyhawk,
it uses an accumulator, and I could not find fittings to by pass, any where,
so I used the accumulator,
problem I had , the fitting was on the evap line out of the fire wall,
only option was to cut it off ,and go with ferrell type fitting,
wasn't liking that either, so just installed the accumulator,
actually vacuuming the system right now!
here is where I got alot of fittings and advice.
https://coldhose.com/specialty-fittings.html
also .... I bought the hose crimper tool (hyd tool) and what a time and $$ saver,
DSC06317.JPG

Chuck,

I purchased the Highway Stars reproduction AC lines two years ago, just got around to installing them and reviving my AC system last week.
They were easy peasy to install and I also changed out all the other components at the same time (with the exception of the evaporator) and charged with R-12. Only had to install an aluminum spacer that Glenn offers for his repro line set when use in conjuction with a new AC Delco Compressor.
Blows nice N cool now.
Why not give Glenn & Leslie a call at Highway Stars?

Got it cured...Thanks for the input!
As for whomever "moved" the thread...U do this stuff anon, as to avoid the wrath of an old guy??

Update: Started to charge the new system.....2nd can in, and the NEW compressor took a dump.
Sounds like a garbage disposal full of marbles!:mad:
Checked the orifice filter... Clean as a whistle.
This is/was a new, not rebuilt compressor.
Looking to put a 508, or a SD7H on it....
AIRC, someone posted pics of this mod, done on a GN. I can't find the post. NE1?
maybe, my eyesight is??

Goofy eyes.gif

Back