New amps - Good score?

BuickMike

Money pit
So I was going to use either my extant 404m or my old Lanzar Opti Drive 50 and 100 in the GN, but I got a good deal on these. Orion Xtreme 500.4 and XTR Pro 1000. I take it I should go with these? ;) I know Orions are solid, but I've never used them before.

IMG_20130224_074816

If they are made like the orions of the late 80s/early 90's then they are awesome samples.
I used some SX series and HCCA's.. they were both really clean sounding amps.

These are from around 2003. They seem to have good reviews online. I know the old school HCCA's and even the black ones were fantastic back in the day. I just remembered I had a Cobalt amp from around '96 that was pretty good.

Nice old school amps. The high current amps can be current hogs at lower impedances though. As long as you have enough alternator to keep up, you should be fine. I'm looking at some of the new fullrange class D 5 channel amps out there to save on weight and current draw.

We will see how well my alt keeps up. Honestly, I may not use the mono amp. If I do, it will be at 4 ohms (250 watts). I have a 0/1 guage power wire from the batt to the trunk, so at least I'm good there.