New best for the MeanChicken coupe

11.14 @ 122? Watched it and replying on my phone. Left nice, went quick! What was your 60? And what tires? Congrats on your new best!

The 60 was in the 1.6's.
Tires were 28" tall 275/60/15 MT DR's borrowed from Spoolfool2 on stock GN wheels.

I had planned on running 9" slicks on Weld Draglites and skinnies up front on Weld DL's, but just didn't have the time to stud the rear axles and get the right lug nuts all around between travels abroad.

Spoolfool2 made a good point that on the DR's I probably mph better due to less rolling resistance and as long as they hook....they are the better option than slicks.

I followed the 11.14 with an 11.22...I hit it wit more boost at launch on the 11.22 run and broke the tires loose a bit, so I lost some 60' and ET. Same mph tho'

When I get back from Europe in a few weeks, I'll scan and post up the time slips.

Tim, take it easy with that 109. You're going to give Lou a stroke.

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Tim, take it easy with that 109. You're going to give Lou a stroke.

Congratulations! :biggrin:
LOL, yeah Don, Whats baffling me is how this is working to begin with. These are all used parts from my scrap heap, small used roller 210 cam,used lifters, Heads that look like they were ported by some drunk, All i did was check the valves & lapped them, Early 90's eastern perf, intercooler with 2 1/4 " I.D. borrowed tires, never even washs the damn thing, constantly shaking me down for cheap deals, Uses spool fool to work me & pity him plus other devious methods to get his way. beats the crap out of it daily on the street & he's basically a tick away from the 10's. Chicken also claims to be religious & prays for the people that he races against . Perhaps I need to go back to church !

nice runs Tim, ponies chasing chickens all day but they too slow to get that adobo!! hahaha

Thanks guys.
Up to that point, I had a couple 11.4's under the belt....
I looked at the data, added another full turn on the WG...talked to Mike over the phone to confirm a few details and then let it rip...I knew by the 1/8th that it was gonna be a sweet pull down the track...made it more fun t watch that Cobra in my side view trying to keep up.

Here's the info from the slip:
R/T .046:D
60' 1.672
330' 4.621
1/8 7.133
MPH 97.47
1000 9.306
1/4 11.146:D
MPH 122.26:D

Beat the Cobra by .3116 and his MPH was 122.97

LOL, yeah Don, Whats baffling me is how this is working to begin with. These are all used parts from my scrap heap, small used roller 210 cam,used lifters, Heads that look like they were ported by some drunk, All i did was check the valves & lapped them, Early 90's eastern perf, intercooler with 2 1/4 " I.D. borrowed tires, never even washs the damn thing, constantly shaking me down for cheap deals, Uses spool fool to work me & pity him plus other devious methods to get his way. beats the crap out of it daily on the street & he's basically a tick away from the 10's. Chicken also claims to be religious & prays for the people that he races against . Perhaps I need to go back to church !

Whatever the recipe is, Lou....it's working very well. Frankenmotor lives and lives strong.:D
I feel the key has been that I listen to the advice you and Mike give, and it works.

Oh....and I washed it on Saturday...didn't vacuum tho....

...and yes...I pray several times a day and my happy butt is in the pew every Sunday at Saddleback unless it's a race day or I'm traveling.
I strongly recommend it...:D

Thanks, Flaco.
I was expecting you to be at the track.

Woulda been fun to run!

About half way through the day they made an announcement that they stopped allowing "grudge matches" and folks would be lined up in the interest of keeping traffic moving through the staging lanes quickly.

Nice run Chicken. I'm sure with a better 60' and a little more boost you will be in the 10s. I was hoping to see you square off with Flaco to see who will have bragging rights. My car has has lost 2 tenths and 2 MPH with 100* temps.:mad: We have one race left this Saturday and then we take the summer off until Sept.

Yeah could not make it...maybe next time.. I was expecting you to hit a high 10. If I can get 11.3 with out building boost at the launch it makes me wonder how fast I can really go.

...and yes...I pray several times a day and my happy butt is in the pew every Sunday at Saddleback unless it's a race day or I'm traveling.
I strongly recommend it...:D
You keep beating up on that 109 and you will be punished, my friend.