New Boyd coddingtons front rims don't fit on 87 grand national

Afzal Siddiqui

Hi All,

I'm new to this site so hopefully i'm doing this correct. I recently purchased new custom built rims from Boyd, the issue I have is the front rims centre don't go over the wheel hub/bearing assembly. Basically they are exactly the same size and won't go over( See pics below). Let me know of options to fix this issue. See

Thanks

Sid
photo (8).JPG
photo (9).JPG

S10 blazer front brake upgrade. My solve the issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Take rotors to a machine shop and have them turn the hub down to fit the wheel. Happens all the time!
Conrad

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of doing front brake upgrades since i'm putting more power down. What would be a good upgrade for the front brakes?

IMO since you have the good looking wheels is to go with BAER and be done. The Blazer brake upgrade on gives you a little more brake torque and a better caliper. Problem with that setup is the sealed hubs are prone to failing.
If you have the coin ...get the Baers!!!!

what? my S10 blazer has 95k miles ,and no bearing problems,
never heard of them having bearing issues! ( had more than a dozen in the fleet where I work)

Do you have the twin piston sealed hub spindle brake setup or the regular brake setup like our cars..... ...theres more than one type on the S10's .

If you had the sealed hub then you would have known...trust me. If not and you had "that many" with sealed hub setups and no issues...... go buy a powerball ticket...LOL

I have Boyd coddington's on mine no problem but did have to dimple the dust cap for the bearings down to get the center cap to fit . I think if you turn the rotor down you will be fine

what? my S10 blazer has 95k miles ,and no bearing problems,
never heard of them having bearing issues! ( had more than a dozen in the fleet where I work)
I agree
Most people do the converstion
Using all the parts they pull off the junker
Most have 200k plus miles on them.
( of course the hub will fail ) duh!!!!
Pull all the parts.$150 Rebuild the calipers $18
New b.lines $40. New hub bearing $ 100
Cut the rotors $25. New pads 25-60
Good to go for more miles then u will ever drive the car.
So for $300 bucks u have the perfect upgrade
Or spend $1500 for bear brakes if u have the cash.

some of the newer aftermarket wheel makers just assume that every car ever built has had the newer sealed hubs and don't have the middle poking out like the old cars did.. call them up and complain- they might agree to either modifying the wheels to fit or making new wheels that do..

or just do what Boyd would have done when he was alive and tell someone else to hit it on with a really big hammer, because he's "done it a million times"..