New California exhaust law=1000.00 fine

im from okie ,they used to have state inspections with emissions test can't remember when they stopped or why
good ole lawton,

yep they stopped doing it about 20 years ago and there wasn't much to it honk your horn hit your turn signals check your hazards and your tires and send you down the road. Lawton huh you a military guy

Nice thing here in Jersey is once you slap QQ (historic) plates on your car you pretty much have free reign. No more inspections. Registration is free. Ive never heard 1st hand of anyone being bothered.

Any vehicle 1995 and older is no longer subject to inspection in NJ. Your chance of being bothered is about zero, unless you're being a real d!ck.

Money from State issued infractions does not go to the Police Department it goes to the state to pay for the Police Academies primarily so stop spreading rumors and it certainly doesn't go towards his salary. U sound ridiculous when u say that. Educate urself! Parking tickets and town ordinances go to the city NOT state issued infractions for improper exhaust systems.

Yea, and so many cops on the street carry around an extended mirror with them to check under cars. That made me lol literally! Stop talking out of ur ass.

Well said. There are a lot of misconceptions about where fine money goes, quotas, etc...Unfortunately it seems to get thrown around a lot.

One thing about Massachusetts is they stopped doing emissions test on older vehicles. Other than that, life is getting too expensive and ridiculous not only in Boston but all over the state
the one good thing about inspections is the mileage verification if they do it

Well said. There are a lot of misconceptions about where fine money goes, quotas, etc...Unfortunately it seems to get thrown around a lot.
where the money goes? there are many small towns that make up a great portion of their revenue by tickets and court fees in colo. 40 to 90%. it's a problem so that educated drivers avoid the towns and don't even drive through.

It varies state by state (I'm not in Colorado), but typically road maintenance, various anti crime programs/domestic violence programs, public awareness campaigns for driving while intoxicated, etc.....The municipalities may get a small portion of fines and a set fee to pay for court costs, but those budgets are not usually mixed with the enforcement agency. Try this: call your local law enforcement agencies and ask them what their stop to ticket ratio is. Any competently run organization should have some idea. I doubt you'll fine one with more than 50% of stops resulting in tickets. And that shoots such theories to pieces, because if budgets and salaries relied on it, no one would get a break. 40-90% of an agency's budget coming from tickets? Not a chance.

Money from State issued infractions does not go to the Police Department it goes to the state to pay for the Police Academies primarily so stop spreading rumors and it certainly doesn't go towards his salary. U sound ridiculous when u say that. Educate urself! Parking tickets and town ordinances go to the city NOT state issued infractions for improper exhaust systems.

Yea, and so many cops on the street carry around an extended mirror with them to check under cars. That made me lol literally! Stop talking out of ur ass.

are you serious? 99% of all police/ sheriff agencies do get a percentage of the fines imposed, and that IS what funds "out of budget" items, I. along with most of my co workers DO carry an extendable mirror, to look under cars for drugs, etc, .
so.... now who looks like a fool?
but ,I guess being an east coast resident, you wouldn't have a clue of reality, just what your leaders (shumer/Pelosi) tell you !

It varies state by state (I'm not in Colorado), but typically road maintenance, various anti crime programs/domestic violence programs, public awareness campaigns for driving while intoxicated, etc.....The municipalities may get a small portion of fines and a set fee to pay for court costs, but those budgets are not usually mixed with the enforcement agency. Try this: call your local law enforcement agencies and ask them what their stop to ticket ratio is. Any competently run organization should have some idea. I doubt you'll fine one with more than 50% of stops resulting in tickets. And that shoots such theories to pieces, because if budgets and salaries relied on it, no one would get a break. 40-90% of an agency's budget coming from tickets? Not a chance.
don't believe me. a little town in colo 90% their whole revenue is generated by tickets, fines and court costs. it's paying the 1 cop in town's salary. but it seems you like to make absolute statements without knowledge. I said the cities revenue not the agency's budget....which in turn pays more than leo's salary

Campo...little town southeastern border 93%....suburbs of denver....mount view 53% city's revenue from tickets. they pull you over for air freshener hanging from mirror, cracked windshield ect.....avoid this town. Morrison colo where red rocks is located 52%, Lakeside..60% ....po po = tax collector. Campo's leo 100% salary paid from 65 mph to 30

Campo...little town southeastern border 93%....suburbs of denver....mount view 53% city's revenue from tickets. they pull you over for air freshener hanging from mirror, cracked windshield ect.....avoid this town. Morrison colo where red rocks is located 52%, Lakeside..60% ....po po = tax collector. Campo's leo 100% salary paid from 65 mph to 30

Okay I'll partially concede to your point- a few small towns ( a town of 8 lol) encompassing .00017% of Colorado's population are ticket revenue based, which carries the appearance of impropriety. This is not how the majority of Colorado, or any other state, operates. Thus my statement about misconceptions still stands.

http://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/news/a-h...s-rely-heavily-on-money-from-traffic-tickets/

According to one of the news sites out there on that very topic (if they are a credible source), tickets account for about 4% of the average Colorado town's budget.

At least we both agree California's leadership is totally out of control.

we definitely agree on cali....my point was more of where the money goes? just because it's a state ordinance, the state's not getting all that money. The jurisdiction is going to get their share. The small towns that target commuters passing through will have their hands out. Cops gotta reach quotas in more places than we would like to hear and agreed not the majority. Have a good one.

Same to you brother. If I come out to Colorado I'll try to avoid Campo. I sounds like I can blink and be out of their jurisdiction.

So if I drive my T-Type in Cali with my Pypes exhaust, they can give me a $1000 ticket?

Feel sorry for my many friends in Cali have to deal with the "Communist" state which is going broke supporting all the illegals, and put the burden on the working class. :mad:

Nick,

I'm running the Pypes Race pros and I live within 1/2 mile of the CHP station...I'll have to sklink out of the hood just to have any fun. :(

Nice thing here in Jersey is once you slap QQ (historic) plates on your car you pretty much have free reign. No more inspections. Registration is free. Ive never heard 1st hand of anyone being bothered.

This is literally the only positive thing about living in NJ. I can’t wait to get outta here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk