You can type here any text you want

new comp cams 853 roller lifters feel rough when depressed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I agree they suck big time. But as long as the lifters arent missing parts letting them sit in laquer thinner for a couple days will free them up. Blow the thinner out of them with compressed air.

Having the same problem. comp sent me a 2nd set so maybe i could make one good set, thanks to the help of my speed shop. comp told him their having problems with their lifters. I'd guess so because there made in CHINA!!!!!!!!

Having the same problem. comp sent me a 2nd set so maybe i could make one good set, thanks to the help of my speed shop. comp told him their having problems with their lifters. I'd guess so because there made in CHINA!!!!!!!!

They sent you a 2nd set and let you keep the first set too?

It looks like there is a different option - maybe solid roller??? - but it also looks like there is only one MFR for lifters so What lifters should one use if not Comp Cams?

The three lifters that felt "crunchy" in my engine were the ones that got stuck pumped down and caused some problems. They were soaking for days in laquer thinner and then blown out, oil bath, alcohol untra soncic for hours, blown out, and oiled and still felt funny - I knew I should not have used them but did not want to be the complainer :(

Yes they did but thre's a reason for it. I called comp complaining about my lifters not staying pumped up and asked about replacing them with solid rollers they said that they will work, and they sell a set that fit the 109 block and as long as you dont need oil pressure to the top end there great. don't ask me how i know this i'll just say i'm getting good at pulling the motor. so after raising holy hell with comp they sent me another set and giving me a refund on my solid lifters and another 100.00 set of push rods that will not work in a buick motor:) aslo for reference gn uses same hyd lifter as SB chevy. and once again all this was possible with the help form my speed shop you cant fight comp without the help form someone who buys alot of their products.

Ask them to swap the 853 lifters for a set of the 885 lifters. I've had too many issues with the 853's, but none with the 885's to date. Knock on wood!!

K.

Ask them to swap the 853 lifters for a set of the 885 lifters. I've had too many issues with the 853's, but none with the 885's to date. Knock on wood!!

K.

If you do this and swap the 853's for the 885's do you have to change the push rod length? If so what happens if you run the 885 with the same preload .030 as the 853, will they work?

If you do this and swap the 853's for the 885's do you have to change the push rod length? If so what happens if you run the 885 with the same preload .030 as the 853, will they work?
The pushrod length will change. You will potentially sacrifice some power preloading them.

Well in an attempt to try and resolve this lifter issue without having to send them back to comp.

I have been squirting pb blaster penetrating oil into them and letting them soak and moving the plunger up and down with a pushrod and they are allmost the same now in reguards to operation,the roughness has been totally eliminated and i'm feeling pretty confident about installing them without having any further problems.

Thanks for the assistance. :)

These cc 853 lifters have been working great ever since i cleaned them out with the pb blaster and installed them.

Back