You can type here any text you want

New Corvette gets spanked by old iron

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meatheadgn

Hi Guys,

I got in a race with a new Corvette in my old ugly four door Nova. I was driving my ugly Nova and I had my oldest son with me who is 13. We were at the light on a sunday afternoon and this guy and his girlfriend or wife pull up in a 2001 or 2002 Yellow hardtop vette. I said to my son " I bet he wants to go for it at this light". We took off at about 1/4 throttle and then he punched it and jumped on me about 1/2 - 1 car length. I punched it and we got a little sideways but not bad enough to let up on it. We started to pull him and had him by about 8 or ten car lengths up to about 115 MPH or so. I hit the brakes and he came by with a straight look on his face and his girlfriend was laughing. I suspect that he said something about spankin' this old beat up Nova. I repented after, as that was not the best example to be setting for my 13 year old son. My wife, gave me some sass as my son relayed the story,....I deserved it. The temptation was too great of a thing. My Nova is so butt ugly it is funny. It has a 355 engine with 9.75 to 1 CR, Total Seal gapless rings, trick flow twisted wedge aluminum heads, edelbrock air gap manifold, 1 3/4 headers, powermax 272 cam, 200 r4 trans , 3.55 gears and centerline telestar wheels.

My TTA is faster and much nicer but the Nova is more fun to spank people with.

Have a good day and keep boostin'

:confused:

:(

With your child in the car. I know nobody can protect him as much as you, but who's gonna protect you from another a-hole on the road.

Bad Bad move IMHO!

I would have to agree with you that it was a stupid thing to do. There were no side streets connecting to this highway we raced on but very stupid none the less.

Hum

"Coming soon to a street near you" sounds like the pot calling the kettle black..

Not the best move in the world. If I was in your situation, I would have done it too.;) My dad, uncle's, bro's, etc. used to do that with me in the car, and I loved it. Think that is one of the reasons I turned into a gearhead.

Nick

Back