New, current updated Michigan thread.

400sbcdon, it would be great if you and your Turbo Buick buddies could make it out to one of the SE Michigan meet ups.....its a really fun get together to talk tech, trade stories, reminisce, have a pint or two, talk about future projects, or current! Spread the word! Can't wait for a summer meet up with dozens of Turbo Buick's out cruising......I work for GM, trust me, these cars are still lighting fires, and melting tires......Craig
I actually dont know anyone else that owns a G-body over here and mine has been robbed of all of its t-type parts, except badges, but would love to meet up and check out what other people have and are running.. I've always been a GM guy and love big power sleeper style cars. The 85 t-type that I got has been sitting for 5 years with a 400 sbc in it and I am working on getting the parts to make it a DD/weekend strip car... Future plans, hopeful as they may be, involve an LS and a turbo or two

Tony and I were talking about ceramic coating your exhaust manifolds....anyone hear about this? I've heard it works, and other say it doesn't really help.....in theory it sounds good, but any real data out there? Thanks!

I was thinking of buying a laser pyrometer and seeing about that exhaust coating thing once and for all. As for the meet up, Me and a few other buddies will be at the Autorama this Sunday. Who here can meet up?

I will be at the Autorama on Sunday. Going to try and get there when it opens. Text me if you go

Hey all, Filippa's at M-59 and Mound is a good middle ground.....or anywhere in the tri-county.....got back from out of town in Indiana. Gettin' back up to speed....i have some good information on ceramic coating exhaust manifolds and headers......Craig

With the rains clearing the last of the salt residue over the next day or so roads should be good to bring out the cars, so I hope everyone will. Next Sat. may be good, 4-5 ish, I have plans Sun and I don't know what the forecast is for the following weekend yet. Supposed to get up to a balmy 35 by late afternoon this Sat.

This weekend i have some kind of drunk bowling or Bocci ball Saturday evening and Sunday the inlaws are stopping out for a dinner....i should be able to meet up, no problem!

Any of you guys have a shop lol? Ever since I dropped in my motor it's been doing some weird things but my main concern is that it burns oil at idle until operating temp...I have a feeling that my turbo oil drain line is restrictive and it's blowing it through the exhaust. It's just kinda embarrassing sitting at a light with a cloud behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk