New, current updated Michigan thread.

Man you east side guys like to keep it Far East. lol Although I do usually wind up working out that way quite often in the summer and fall time. I'm usually at 34 and fisher rd in Romeo.

You guys are roughly 18 miles out.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Woodward+Ave+&+W+13+Mile+Rd,+Royal+Oak,+MI/Big+Boy,+20800+Haggerty+Road,+Novi,+MI+48375/@42.5336132,-83.4587779,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x8824c61629b83a63:0x5cf9a5132be074e5!2m2!1d-83.1864225!2d42.517869!1m5!1m1!1s0x8824ade251756b77:0x7526db33afeb27a1!2m2!1d-83.435552!2d42.439645

And I agree Craig, we need to keep our cars in the lime light where they belong. They are truly special and unique. But I like more than just appreciate from afar-I like keeping the fearsome reputation these cars have while racing too. :)

I have about 4 or 5 chips that i need to reburn. does it work that way or do I need to buy an entire new chip. I was thinking it would be cheaper if I already had a chip to send out as opposed to buyingg a new chip. My car is kinda running like crap and I wanna start easy so i figured the chip was a good start. Next ill pick up a new 02, plugs and wires. What else? damn car feels like a slug...it just doesnt pull all that hard

Yesterday was awesome running into 1984 t-type and talking for a bit. You know you're a true turbo Buick fan when you see a Buick as beat up as mine but you still can't resist checking it out lol.

Oh, just seemed like its farther than that.

If it's a turbo tweak chip you should be able to get it reburned

Yesterday was awesome running into 1984 t-type and talking for a bit. You know you're a true turbo Buick fan when you see a Buick as beat up as mine but you still can't resist checking it out lol.

Little soap and water wouldn't hurt. Lol

But this chip I'm running was burned for someone else's set up. I got it with the injectors when I bought them. The chip is burned for 18psi 20 degrees advanced timing and 91 octane. I run 93 and I'm hardly pushing 13psi...

But this chip I'm running was burned for someone else's set up. I got it with the injectors when I bought them. The chip is burned for 18psi 20 degrees advanced timing and 91 octane. I run 93 and I'm hardly pushing 13psi...
Sheriff I see a few things that would make a large performance improvement in your combo.

Like what? I know I could use maybe a translator and a maf cause mine is stock but that's pretty expensive. Maybe my torque converter is restricting a lot of potential. I don't know but I just turned up my boost to about 14psi and it pulls little harder and I didn't pick up any knock. Maybe my timing is too advanced right now?

Last edited:
If you're a hot air, and your turbo's in the stock location, wheres the intercooler piping going to? Hot air turbo's cold side sticks directly into the intake manifold. :) You got a half a transplant going on. Soooo which ecu do you have then? And what chip would you run for that combo, one cut for an intercooled, or one cut for a hot air?
Only if you have a current turbo tweak or bob bailey chip can you get a reburn. If you have someone elses than I'm not sure they're even in the game any longer.
As far as your combo, timing's always harder on an engine than boost, so, back your timing to a tad lower than stock (go 18/16) and go from there. Start adding one psi of boost (providing you have a boost gauge and a scan master) until you can get to 18 with no knock. Once you get to 18 I wouldn't go any more than that. Once you get to 18 with no knock, start adding timing, but I'm pretty sure you won't get much more than that on pump gas. Which maf do you have on there right now?
You should post a complete build up, and a good engine pic here in this thread so we can see what's going on. Eric Marshall can burn a chip for just about ANYthing you have.

One more thing. 18 psi and 20 degrees of timing on 91? You sure 'bout dat?

There is a way to determine how a chip is burned, correct? I have a tweaked chip from a previous owner, and I believe this chip tricks the ECM into thinking the TPS is more advanced than it really is......(i think) LOL

Any good mild chips for the hot air cars? ....oh by the way, a GNX just crossed the block at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach for $150,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our cars are on now on a nice upswing in the muscle car market, we are past the "lull" in the market, and we've got to hit the streets, all together!!!!!!!

There is a way to determine, but us common folk don't have the hardware for that sort of thing. Nonetheless, chips are like running shoes, or a toothbrush. Never use a used one, or someone elses. Things change from car to car, and setting to setting. And I wouldn't use any odd trickery either lol. For a simple fire and forget set up, call or email Eric Marshall, and he will sort you out, with no problems. We can get your hot air running really good I bet ya.

And wow, 150,000??? Dam I'd have loved to see that auction.

c26ff692ecd2c21dddc1b5c2d5747f4b.jpg
followed by 15 degrees of knock at idle..... I need help. I suspect the positive lead from the battery to the back of the alternator...

I think the positive cable to the back of the alternator is heat soaked. I guess I just have to replace it to see

We will check it out tomorrow, I have cable and terminals at the house we can just make a new one if need be.

Think I even have a good hot air battery cable in the garage.

I say Moose Preserve, til we get a good west side "gang' gelled up.....next weekend on Saturday, at 4 p.m.

I have my wife's uncles 90th birthday party at 6 pm, would bring the wife if that's ok! LOL

90 years old and still driving.....wow, I'll be in the ground at 67, I reckon....ha ha...better make the most of it! So, Saturday, the 25th of April, Moose Preserve on Woodward, at 4 pm??? Let's do it!!!!

Craig