You can type here any text you want

New* Deatschwerks fuel pumps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType85

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
For anyone looking for new fuel pumps it looks like Deatschwerks has put out a few new ones in December.

Deatschwerks 420LPH looks like an good upgrade to the DW300 pump. It is a standard 39mm size pump. I am going to be running 2 of the new 420's to give myself a bit more headroom vs the dual DW300's I have in my current system.

DW300 (340LPH)
1719119239565.png

DW 420LPH
1719119135119.png

The new 420 still gets out-flowed by DW400 at higher pressures but the DW400 is a 46mm pump so it might be more work to fit in. I know it won't fit in my hanger setup.

They also have a new DW810 Brushless pump that looks interesting. It is smaller than the DW400 but flows a ton. Not exactly cheap at $600 with controller but that's a lot of fuel in a small package.

DW810
1719119552317.png

Had a change in plans, the WD420 pumps don't fit my new fuel pump hanger (Ricks Tank vaporworx tank, Radium fuel pump hanger). Went with the DW810 instead. It is TINY! This should be enough fuel system to handle anything that I will throw at it; especially when I get around to gathering TA/S2 parts...

DW810 brushless compared to a DW300 (DW420 is the same size as a DW300)
1719952288333.png

At 23+ amps at 3 bars, the electrical system best be on its "good behavior".;)

At 23+ amps at 3 bars, the electrical system best be on its "good behavior".;)
I am not using any of the stock wiring for any engine function. I ran all new 10 ga wiring for power and ground for the pump and it is hooked to a MSD High Current SSR (35W continuous).

What is funny to me is the pump controller has 12 ga coming in for power/ground in and 14 ga out to the pump I would think at that amp rating it would be 10 ga coming in at least.

We like to choose fuse and wire sizes to fit the system requirements to not more than 80% load.
Might be a bit on the "sissy side". The cost of a miss can be a long walk home!;)

I am not using any of the stock wiring for any engine function. I ran all new 10 ga wiring for power and ground for the pump and it is hooked to a MSD High Current SSR (35W continuous).

What is funny to me is the pump controller has 12 ga coming in for power/ground in and 14 ga out to the pump I would think at that amp rating it would be 10 ga coming in at least.

For house wiring 10ga is good for 30 amps, 12ga is good for 20 amps and 14ga is good for 15 amps.
Automotive ratings seem to be a lot more.

For house wiring 10ga is good for 30 amps, 12ga is good for 20 amps and 14ga is good for 15 amps.
Automotive ratings seem to be a lot more.
If each phase of the pump takes part of the amperage the 14ga is plenty to the pump. Most of the brush-less stuff I have seen is 3-phase, this one has 4 wires, not sure what the 4th is and there is no documentation on that part. When I am done wiring the 12ga part of the controller will be a less than 1ft section, the rest up to the relay will be 10ga. The pump will only run full speed for short times and I have some confidence that they know what they are doing with the controller :)

Wow the 810 brushless is a beast, the Walbro 535lph, #295, flows 397lph at 70psi & 13.5v and this things at 713lph, double pumper in 1.

Curious how the controller installs and info on if it's programmable via ECU-GN to scale it up on demand.

Wow the 810 brushless is a beast, the Walbro 535lph, #295, flows 397lph at 70psi & 13.5v and this things at 713lph, double pumper in 1.

Curious how the controller installs and info on if it's programmable via ECU-GN to scale it up on demand.

The controller I have for it is their C105 dual speed 55% duty cycle for normal and 100% when the trigger is grounded. That will be controlled by an output on the Holley. They do make another controller that is PWM but the sales flyer says talk to DW support about it.

Back