new ebay headers

I purchased a set of headers from Nick at Ariaona GN. They fit like a glove, everything bolted right on. Yeah I paid more than the e bay headers but I didn't have to mess around trying to make something that is supposed to fit, fit on my car. This is a no brainer if you buy junk you get junk. Lets support vendors in our Buick world, not some copycat inferior junk from some off the wall company in some third world country. Once again just my two cents...

I purchased a set of headers from Nick at Ariaona GN. They fit like a glove, everything bolted right on. Yeah I paid more than the e bay headers but I didn't have to mess around trying to make something that is supposed to fit, fit on my car. This is a no brainer if you buy junk you get junk. Lets support vendors in our Buick world, not some copycat inferior junk from some off the wall company in some third world country. Once again just my two cents...

I'm glad that you have more money to spend than time to waste. for less the 250 bucks you can't beat them. I personally can't see spending 600 + bucks on a set of headers. not when a 250 dollar set looks as good and performs just as good.

mine fit great no issues and i have 217 buck total in mine and it took about 3 hr to install and that was including the time taking the stock junkers off !!!

Do the drivers side headers on the Arizona GN version feed the crossover into the passenger side header at the turbo or into the passenger side header log before cylinders #6, #4, and #2 (like the stock headers do)?? By buying these "cheap" ebay headers it allows others to purchase other things for the same total price in the end. For example, for the same price as the AZGN headers, one could have purchased the cheaper ebay set and also bought a progressive alky kit from Razor. Therefore, accomplishing 2 good mods, rather than one.
To me, anyone that makes products for our cars are supporting OUR CARS right?? Not being sarcastic here, just my .02 $.

And please, Im not trying to bash on anyone here or any products made by ANYONE, so don't think that I am. Im just happy to have an old PERFORMANCE car that has people building new products for it ALL the time. So thanks to all of those individuals!!

:cool:

This stuff is way to confusing. :confused:

Jdmmotorz - $175 + $35 shipping
Ad says T304 Stainless Steel
24 negative feedbacks in last month
14 neutral feedbacks in last month

Autopowerenterprise - $203 + $30 shipping
Ad says 321 stainless for the headers, just stainless for the crossover pipe
1 negative feedback in the last month

drift-pros - $169 + $36 shipping
Ad says T304 Stainless Steel
4 negative feedbacks in last month
5 neutral feedbacks in last month

Ssautochrome - $179 + $44 shipping
Ad says T304 and 321 Stainless Steel
12 negative feedbacks in last month
12 neutral feedbacks in last month

Not sure about the flanges and welds

There is an outside change that you will not receive them, and customer service is suspect.

Possible off-set bolt-hole problem

What % of guys on here have had to cut and re-weld? 50%? 75%?

Who has had them the longest and have any cracked yet?

According to Bill:
What needs to be done to these headers:
-The v-band style flanges on the x-over will not work, they are too short and the clamp WILL NOT compress them together when tightened. Yo need to cut them all off, buy 4 new ones and weld them on
-The x-over will need to be completely revamped, you will have to buy a stainless 90deg elbow and weld it in place of the one on the pass side because the angle is not correct.
-The pass header where it connects to the x-over has a 45deg elbow that needs to be cut off and moved because the angle is wrong.
-When you buy pipe to repair these discrepencies, you will soon figure out the sizes are all metric! Try to find that stuff in stainless!

TA Performance:
TA V2010CH Mild Steel Turbo V6 Header Kit ...................................... $ 645.00
TA V2010CH-Jet Mild Steel w/ JETHOT 2000 coating V6 Header Kit .. $ 925.00
TA V2010CH-SS 304 Stainless Steel Turbo V6 Header Kit .................. $ 955.00

Do the drivers side headers on the Arizona GN version feed the crossover into the passenger side header at the turbo or into the passenger side header log before cylinders #6, #4, and #2 (like the stock headers do)?? By buying these "cheap" ebay headers it allows others to purchase other things for the same total price in the end. For example, for the same price as the AZGN headers, one could have purchased the cheaper ebay set and also bought a progressive alky kit from Razor. Therefore, accomplishing 2 good mods, rather than one.
To me, anyone that makes products for our cars are supporting OUR CARS right?? Not being sarcastic here, just my .02 $.

And please, Im not trying to bash on anyone here or any products made by ANYONE, so don't think that I am. Im just happy to have an old PERFORMANCE car that has people building new products for it ALL the time. So thanks to all of those individuals!!

I hope you don't seriously think that the likes of JDMmotorz, Autopowerenterprise, drift-pros or Ssautochrome is doing ANYTHING to support the TR community do you. Their sole purpose is to sell the junk they're laying out on ebay and make a quick buck, they couldn't care less about you or anybody else in the TR community. :mad:

Yes crossover pipe connects to "log" of the passenger side. There is no separate or Y'ing of the pipe.

I would love to see one of the generic headers. I wonder if there is a difference in thickness? :confused: Sounds like every header besides the TA has fitment issues. Not only between brands but between sets. :rolleyes:

Pretty soon there will be a GN made in China. I think list price will be 5K. That's 25% of the original US sticker. ;)

I hope you don't seriously think that the likes of JDMmotorz, Autopowerenterprise, drift-pros or Ssautochrome is doing ANYTHING to support the TR community do you. Their sole purpose is to sell the junk they're laying out on ebay and make a quick buck, they couldn't care less about you or anybody else in the TR community. :mad:

well that last statement rings true to some of the other buick vendors out there now and some that have faded away.

Either you like them or you don't. If you don't then don't buy them. it's as simple as that.

Yes crossover pipe connects to "log" of the passenger side. There is no separate or Y'ing of the pipe.

I would love to see one of the generic headers. I wonder if there is a difference in thickness? :confused: Sounds like every header besides the TA has fitment issues. Not only between brands but between sets. :rolleyes:

Pretty soon there will be a GN made in China. I think list price will be 5K. That's 25% of the original US sticker. ;)

I put 2.5 hours into my headers that includes cleaning up the welds on the inside of the headers. Its not that big of a deal to modifly. If you have some know how and access to a welder (needed one in my case) for $200.00 ill throw them away and buy a new set every two years.I dont care. Bottom line if you want plug and play this isnt the product for you ,and dont buy them. This whole tread was started to help each other with tips and ideas to make the install easier . iI you dont like the headers dont buy them and or bash us for saving some cash......my 2 cents

mine fit good, the crossover didnt leak, cause i installed a 2 1/4 wide exhaust band clamp where the slip joint is.
The only thing im gonna upgrade is the band clamps..

I will post up if the ones i brought home from work will fit " from a powerstroke"

PS.. im happy for the guy that can afford to buy all the good stuff...

im a welder / fabricator so i can purchase the stuff that may need work , and its no big deal for me...

EasySeal-clamp.jpg

If anyone needs a set of ATR headers I happen to have some for the LOW LOW PRICE of $600. They have been welded multiple times and they still leak between the header tubes where you can't get a welder to. They are WELL experienced because I have been using them since 1995. These QUALITY stainless steel headers were originally ROUND port that did NOT line up with the stock SQUARE port of the cylinder heads. I have taken several HOURS to convert them to the proper SQUARE port design so they would flow better. If you want to buy name brand headers here's your chance! DON'T BUY CRAPPY E-BAY HEADERS YOU HAVE TO MODIFY! Save yourself some headaches because these WILL fit ALMOST PERFECT! :rolleyes:

AS IS! ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY and MOST important NO REFUND! You get what you pay for...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ATRCRAP1.jpg

ATRCRAP.JPG

Maybe we can bring back ole socko from the wwf cause some people need to keep thier traps shut :rolleyes: . Those headers really crack me up well worth a grand some people just crack me up good one turbo1dr.:D

If Im not mistaken, nearly everyone in this business is out to make money otherwise it wouldn't be worthwhile to them. :rolleyes: Maybe the aforementioned really suck at customer support but, if they've saved people some money on car parts than I'd say that they helped the TR community. Obviously its not just me that have purchased these headers and are running them. As far as junk goes, some have spent nearly 4-5 times that much and fared worse. Sad thing is that those parts were from so called "buick vendors" :mad: . Replacing my NEW poston enterprise "high power" fuel pump with a Walbro 340 was the best thing I ever did 5 years ago. And I thought they wouldn't sell me junk being a "buick vendor". The thing barely supported 13 second runs and eventually caused a blown headgasket! :eek: :mad: Changed it out and I was IMMEDIATELY in the 12's with no other changes. Not saying that everything they sell is junk but, not all is good either. Only time will tell how these headers hold up but, so far it appears to be good.

If Im not mistaken, nearly everyone in this business is out to make money otherwise it wouldn't be worthwhile to them. :rolleyes:

To be perfectly honest I think the 'ebay header' guys are leaving a lot of money on the table. If there is really not much tweaking to do to the headers to make them work, and if they will hold up over time then they could realistically be charging twice as much for them and still be at 2/3 the cost of the next closest 'quality' header. This will obviously affect demand somewhat, but even with reduced demand I'd bet they could make a lot more money than they are now.

Jim

I put 2.5 hours into my headers that includes cleaning up the welds on the inside of the headers. Its not that big of a deal to modifly. If you have some know how and access to a welder (needed one in my case) for $200.00 ill throw them away and buy a new set every two years.I dont care. Bottom line if you want plug and play this isnt the product for you ,and dont buy them. This whole tread was started to help each other with tips and ideas to make the install easier . iI you dont like the headers dont buy them and or bash us for saving some cash......my 2 cents

my thoughts exactly :)

Many of us are not welders and fabricators, and would rather not buy the ill fitting, poorly designed brands. I don't mind paying the extra for proper design, fit and quality when needed.
For those of you that are lucky enough to have the fab. and welding abilities and equipment, that's good. You have the ability to Save tons on ill fitting poorly designed products and make them work for you, and that's OK. But for those that must buy and install (plug n play), please have the courtesy to be honest up front and let everybody know exactly what the issues are, don't smooth over the short comings of the $200 headers.

If anyone needs a set of ATR headers I happen to have some for the LOW LOW PRICE of $600. They have been welded multiple times and they still leak between the header tubes where you can't get a welder to. They are WELL experienced because I have been using them since 1995. These QUALITY stainless steel headers were originally ROUND port that did NOT line up with the stock SQUARE port of the cylinder heads. I have taken several HOURS to convert them to the proper SQUARE port design so they would flow better. If you want to buy name brand headers here's your chance! DON'T BUY CRAPPY E-BAY HEADERS YOU HAVE TO MODIFY! Save yourself some headaches because these WILL fit ALMOST PERFECT! :rolleyes:

AS IS! ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY and MOST important NO REFUND! You get what you pay for...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ATRCRAP1.jpg

ATRCRAP.JPG

Kind of moot since ATR is no longer in business I would hardly try and compare ATR quality to TA, probably why ATR has gone by the wayside.

Many of us are not welders and fabricators, and would rather not buy the ill fitting, poorly designed brands. I don't mind paying the extra for proper design, fit and quality when needed.
For those of you that are lucky enough to have the fab. and welding abilities and equipment, that's good. You have the ability to Save tons on ill fitting poorly designed products and make them work for you, and that's OK. But for those that must buy and install (plug n play), please have the courtesy to be honest up front and let everybody know exactly what the issues are, don't smooth over the short comings of the $200 headers.

i am being completely honest when i'm saying this. You must be special or have a special engine/car. The reason that i say that is most of the stuff on my car didn't fit like it was intended and i ended up modifing to get that piece to fit the car/engine. So it don't bother me that i have to massage something here and there to get it to fit. It's all about hot-rodding.

i can understand it with a part that costs a few dollars over a parts that cost several hundred dollars.

flame suit on

Kind of moot since ATR is no longer in business I would hardly try and compare ATR quality to TA, probably why ATR has gone by the wayside.

They are out of business because of their high prices and quite possibly the other vendors put them out of business with lower prices. The ATR exhaust is still in high demand and still fetch BIG bucks even though there's other headers on the market. My post with pictures is an excellent example which explains that you don't always get what you pay for. Americans want something for nothing...we are greedy bastards and we go for the lowest price possible even if it's from China.

Anyone have an old catalog where they say their headers will never crack? :rolleyes:

If someone were to buy a large supply of the Chinese knock offs, spend hours on making them fit 100% and GUARANTEE they fit, would they be marketable? Would people be willing to pay the extra amount to cover the labor cost or would they say "why should I pay $400 for these when I can get them off EBay for $200"??????