new ebay headers

You can tell alot of the porting was done by hand- alot of irregular surfaces and boltholes.

Somewhat Shady ?

Hello all,

Has anyone from Canada bought a set of these ?

Almost 2 weeks ago (Sept 21) I had bought 2 sets of these, one from JDM Motors and another from Drift Pros. This occured becuase of my poor timing and impatience.

Both those sets of headers came from the same physical address in Temple City CA so likely it is either the same person, or 2 different people working within the same organization.

I have not received either set yet, and the tracking numbers are not valid nor does Fedex have any kind of record of any shipment from that address to my address.

Upon reading their Ebay Feedback, this has happened to a few people. While they have done enough sales that the few people make up a small percentage, I still don't want to be another.

If anyone out there can let me know of their business dealings with them (good or bad) please do. Otherwise maybe this can be a warning for those considering these headers.

Hopefully I am just being impatient and they are on their way but my hope diminishes with each day, more so now that I know Fedex can't seem to find any record of the shipment.

T Spool said:
I just got a set from JDMMOTORZ. On the pass. side the front most top bolt hole is enlarged and the exhaust port/flange is overly ported to the point there is barely 1/16 inch of mounting surface between the exhaust port and bolt hole. Seems to me this will surely leak. Should I just run a gasket? Or return the headers and pay for the shipping? Or could some more metal be added to the flange and then reground so it is not so close to the bolt hole? I expected some kind of issues for the price, but not this one. What would you guys do?

What happened to that top bolt hole? It looks as if it were reamed out with a hatchet!

Yeah, drinking and drilling don't mix. It came that way right out of the box. I am still trying to decide if I should keep them.

i just recieved my ebay headers from ssautochrome and i will say i am very happy with what i see so far!!!! o2 bung is there the welds are sweet and has a nice thick flange. looks like they should fit pretty nice! not to mention i purchased them this past sunday and they were on my door step at 5:00 pm today. they look alot better than the pic above with that bolt hole that has been dug out with a diegrinder. i would have to say if you are going to purchase them form someone i would buy from ssautochrome. great service fast shipping and a great looking product!!!! and yes i did say in another post i wouldn't buy them but a buy now for 199.99 and 40 bucks shipping was to good to be true. they have a few more sets if anyone cares. littlebuick8

littlebuick8 said:
i just recieved my ebay headers from ssautochrome and i will say i am very happy with what i see so far!!!! o2 bung is there the welds are sweet and has a nice thick flange. looks like they should fit pretty nice! not to mention i purchased them this past sunday and they were on my door step at 5:00 pm today. they look alot better than the pic above with that bolt hole that has been dug out with a diegrinder. i would have to say if you are going to purchase them form someone i would buy from ssautochrome. great service fast shipping and a great looking product!!!! and yes i did say in another post i wouldn't buy them but a buy now for 199.99 and 40 bucks shipping was to good to be true. they have a few more sets if anyone cares. littlebuick8

Wait until you try to put the x over on and if it does go on there, look how small the v-band flanges are, if they have not changed the design, it will NEVER seal. Not a bad deal if you are a fabricator.

thats Chinese quality workmanship Bill.. don't ja know???

EightSecV6 said:
What happened to that top bolt hole? It looks as if it were reamed out with a hatchet!

one way or another we'll get r done!! sure didn't want to pay full bore though i can work with 240.00 the other 240.00 can make them fit.thanks for the heads up bill. now i know where to start. littlebuick8

Sorry for your misfortune but, my headers came out alright.

FlyinGN said:
thats Chinese quality workmanship Bill.. don't ja know???

Maybe racial slurs like those should be left out as they are offensive.. don't ja know??? :rolleyes:

FlyinGN said:
go away. How is that a racial slur?? It is what it is.. sorry for you

Go figure, obviously your lack of common sense shines even brighter now. Why dont you use your head for more than a hat rack? :rolleyes: So sorry for you...The real question is how is that not a racial slur?? Do you need a hint?

Just got my set today from JDMMOTORZ. From my untrained eye, they look better then the set that T Spool got. I'll have the "pros" check them out and post more information. The welds look good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I finally got lucky and got a good set. Boy I need some good luck for a change :(

I Second the The JDM Phone Number i just Purchased a set off Ebay but i will not send a Check or a Money Order tell i talk to some One First. Any Phone Number for them

Jeff Strube said:
I Second the The JDM Phone Number i just Purchased a set off Ebay but i will not send a Check or a Money Order tell i talk to some One First. Any Phone Number for them
then i would plan on a non paying bidder strike and neg feedback as im sure that isn't how they do buizz u buy u pay! not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything but if you win you have to pay no pay wins you a neg everytime. looks like they have a few happy buick guy's here. and i wouldnt't worry much. but you should also pay by pay pal to protect your self. just my 2 cents

littlebuick8 said:
then i would plan on a non paying bidder strike and neg feedback as im sure that isn't how they do buizz u buy u pay! not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything but if you win you have to pay no pay wins you a neg everytime. looks like they have a few happy buick guy's here. and i wouldnt't worry much. but you should also pay by pay pal to protect your self. just my 2 cents

i agreee totally

There is no phone numer for JDM. E-mail him. He WILL get back to you in 24 hours as he did me. Should have asked questions before you bought but im sure you know this already. Im satisfied with the product so far. We'll see how they go on.

I emailed them about my hogged out bolt hole headers and was very polite and professional. I stated that other than the reamed out bolt hole I was happy with their product and asked if I could just exchange the set or even just the passenger side header. That was a couple days ago. I have heard nothing. Like I said I expected some kind of issues, but no I didn't think to ask "Hey, do you ream out the bolt holes with a hatchet"? I am probably stuck with them, but fortunately I can still provide food on the table and they will look cool hanging on the garage wall!

Just bought 2 sets,one from JDM and one from ssautochrome,both for about 200 a set new,i will investigate these and see if they are all the same stuff.I will be selling the set i dont use for little more than i paid,as long as they are good.Keep ya'll posted....

I'm running a set of ssautochrome headers no problems w sealing or crossover. only prob is where turbo mounts on flange the nut wouldnt go on because it was to close to collector but nothing a grinding wheel couldnt fix. I grew up with small block chevy stuff and i'm used to fab work to get things to fit just right so these were a breeze. you can see my headers on ebay in the ssautochrome auction for TR headers. They are using my headers as pics for their auction. I actually got them for free inc shipping for sending install pics. Good deal huh.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...005QQitemZ150043199913QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW