new ebay headers

tybob said:
hehe where you buy your t/a header and your 3 1/2 d-p.....do you keep you a/c and heater for the 3 1/2 d-p :confused: :biggrin:

Yes, it all fits with A/C and heat

V6Turboboy................You got a sick deal on thoes. They look like they are up around 350-400 shipped now. These are looking more and more plausable every day. Too bad i just blasted welded and 2000 degree sprayed my stockers. :rolleyes:

v6turboboy, and Mike. I've lost track of which headers you are testing/using. Which ones are you refering to?

Oh, and one more silly question. I'm wondering, since the O2 bung has to be welded on, why not move it around more toward the front facing position instead of putting in the rediculous stock (hard to get at) spot?

Almost forgot, what's a castellated nut?

Its funny how some people can have so many negative things to say about headers that they haven't even tried personally. Just because something is cheap, doesn't mean it wont work.
I personally bought one of the first sets that JDMmotorz sold and I was shocked at how good the quality of the headers were. I complained about there not being an O2 bung and got refunded $20 to have it installed. So with the refund I bought it for $222.50 + shipping. Im still in the process of rebuilding the motor so I haven't installed them yet but, obviously that shouldn't be a problem (considering the amount of people that have already installed them). I think Im going to buy another set for my other car too as they cost about the same as some people are selling welded/ported stockers.
:cool:

I got a set from JDMmotorz Any header project we were thinking about is on hold. You cannot make a set of headers even close to these in this country for anything close to that price. Unless something changes this is a good choice AFAIAC
Mike

Mike Licht said:
You cannot make a set of headers even close to these in this country for anything close to that price.
Mike
I surely hope everyone understands what mike is saying here!...what type of stainless is this?.. :) joe

i am sure glad i saved all of that money buying these headers so i could afford to spend 2000.00 on a new computer to get back on the web. i have installed the headers i received and they were pretty straight forward to install. i do not have a thdp, atr or stock downpipe, i have a pipe i made that fit with no mods and was built for stock headers. i had to file one corner of the pass head were #2 tube passes for a little more clearance and install a o2 bung (i put it in my downpipe). i picked up 2mph in the 1/4 just bolting them on.i did have trouble with the crossover pipe blowing apart, but a little welding fixed it or you could use a band clamp. all in all i would buy another set in a heart beat if i had another tr.

I just ordered a set from jdmmotorz. Buy it now $299.00 shipping $35.00. I have an O2 bung on my desk and a friend that tig welds anything PERFECT!!. Cant wait.

Link

87we410877 said:
I just ordered a set from jdmmotorz. Buy it now $299.00 shipping $35.00. I have an O2 bung on my desk and a friend that tig welds anything PERFECT!!. Cant wait.

Could you please provide a link?

Thank You

The peformance quality was never a question with ssautochrome. The construction is poor though. They have been making headers for Honda's for years now. And in the Import community they have bad reviews. They crack like no tomorrow and guys were loosing their wastegates on the streets when they separated. This is not rumour experience. This is first hand stuff. My Integra was turbocharged with their manifold and made 450whp on at 15psi on pump gas. If it was braced properly they stand a chance. But the welds were done robotically and from the experience I have with the import stuff is it did not penetrate the metal properly in areas and once it heated up and cooled down, they started separating. Check Honda-tech.com and do a search on Sparks Racing /Ssautochrome they are the same company. Here are pics of my manifold. In the begining they look nice and impressive. Notice my Freddy Cruggar bracing.
fb742adf.jpg

fb742ada.jpg

fb742ad5.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Then after a week of driving they turn colour and look like this
DSC00555.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

I am not judging the manifold made for these Buicks because I have no experience with it. I am just telling you the quality workmanship with the Honda stuff. Performance is great, construction is not.

Cool!

The set I won was from Drift-Pro's He is a power seller with over 10,000 sales and only like 47 negitives, which seems to be from Import guys. They should be at my house in a few days. Looks like I may have to weld a 02 bung in as well, and as soon as I get them installed, i'll post pics and info on my install too.

These cant be all that bad, by reading the comments on here, I hope I'm one of the sure fit lucky ones, but even if I'm not, I'll make them work for the price. 2 mph for $335?! I'm sold! Hey! its aftermarket stuff. Some tuning and fabrication required! Batteries not included! blah blah ;)

Jason

Attachments

• JDMF-GN-HEADER-1.jpg
    JDMF-GN-HEADER-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,011
In response to the acura manifold mentioned above, Im pretty sure everyone using stainless exhaust has had there pipes change color. As far as I know, that is the norm for them to turn into a goldish haze color. I have seen the same happen to those who own Terry Houston D.P.'s
No exhaust manifold will last forever but, as long as it can be repaired thats great right?
:cool:

On these Header's

Has Anyone got these to Fit with out Moding the Cross over. Do they have a Phone Number to contact or is a Ebay Purchase Only?

I bought these and recieved them about a week ago. The only thing i dont like is the header flange and the spacers on the passenger side for the bolts are not stainless they are regular steel. Thats it tho.

I just got a set from JDMMOTORZ. On the pass. side the front most top bolt hole is enlarged and the exhaust port/flange is overly ported to the point there is barely 1/16 inch of mounting surface between the exhaust port and bolt hole. Seems to me this will surely leak. Should I just run a gasket? Or return the headers and pay for the shipping? Or could some more metal be added to the flange and then reground so it is not so close to the bolt hole? I expected some kind of issues for the price, but not this one. What would you guys do?

Attachments

• header flange 001.jpg
    header flange 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 897