New FM

UNDRPSI

OK I have heard everyone talking about the ford powerstoke ic and using them on our cars. I have aquired a doge cummings fm from a school bus and was wondering if anyone has tried one of these or am I going to be the guinea pig? This thing his huge and has 3" inlets and outlets. From what I can tellby looking I will have to take more than half off of it and weld the tanks back up. Anyone attempted this?

I made two FMs from a Kenworth core..cut it in half, welded new inlet/outlets on, and made the piping from mandrel U-bends. We had about $300 in both FMs...one's run 11.70@117 in a 150k+ stock motored car, the other's run 12.teens with about 20 psi on another 100k+ stock motor car. They must not be that bad! :)

The one I have may be the same as what are on the dodge trucks only longer. The engine was identical to my brothers 4x4 ram pickup. So, my question is why is eveyone using the fords but I have not heard of anyone using the Dodge intercoolers? Is their efficiency or flow characteristics not as desirable? Or are they just not as easy to come by?