You can type here any text you want

New front swaybar bushings w/ the hardware

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rosadod

I need new front swaybar bushings w/ the hardware including straps. Anyone know what P/N I need? Can't find the bushings w/ hardware at any of the local part dealers... they just have the bushings. Energy suspension has greasible and non-greasible... I'm just not sure which P/N. I have the stock bar... I think 1 1/4".

I got a set of Energy Suspension from Auto Zone. They stock them. I think it was 1 1/4 but measure to be sure. I used the greasible ones and the include straps. Work great and was only about $10 or $15. Definitely one of the least expensive add's for our cars. :-)

I got a set of Energy Suspension from Auto Zone. They stock them. I think it was 1 1/4 but measure to be sure. I used the greasible ones and the include straps. Work great and was only about $10 or $15. Definitely one of the least expensive add's for our cars. :-)

Yeah... there are two P/N for the ES bushings for the 1 1/4" bar: 9.5165 and 9.5172. Do you know which ones we need?

I can look through my receipts when I get home tonight. I think it is 9.5165. They will let you exchnge them as long as you don't grease them.

I can look through my receipts when I get home tonight. I think it is 9.5165. They will let you exchnge them as long as you don't grease them.

I bought 9.5165, but the bushing looks thinner than the old one... don't know if that matters. I think the other P/N may be the thicker bushing.

My old ones looked thicker too but I think that was just because they were 20 years old and had disfigured.

Still looking for the bushings & straps. I don't care who makes them as long as they're right for the car. OEM is fine the straps are really what I can't find!

Did you go to Auto Zone and check out the Energy Suspension ones? Part Number: 9.5172

Did you go to Auto Zone and check out the Energy Suspension ones? Part Number: 9.5172

Yeah, I bought those, but the holes on the straps were being a b*tch to line up... especially with the bolts I had. I put the other style ES bushings (much thinner) on instead. I don't know if the thickness of the bushing or how the swaybar sits now will be an issue.

Not sure why you had a problem. My car is an 87 and the stock sway bar measures 1 1/4" a the bushing. The bar is larger in diameter and I had to use some of the grease to get the bushing to slide over the bar. The straps had elongated holes so install was easy. Once I torqued them down I greased with Lucas Red and it worked perfectly. ???

Not sure why you had a problem. My car is an 87 and the stock sway bar measures 1 1/4" a the bushing. The bar is larger in diameter and I had to use some of the grease to get the bushing to slide over the bar. The straps had elongated holes so install was easy. Once I torqued them down I greased with Lucas Red and it worked perfectly. ???

Did you use ES P/N 9.5172? I think I heard that there's a special bolt with a much smaller head that makes the install easier.

I used the factory bolts to hold the bracket that covers the bushing. The bracket from ES has a grease fitting in it. Are we talking about the same thing?

Back