You can type here any text you want

New guy with first of several questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Graeme

I plan to adapt a Buick carb/turbo setup to a Ford 200ci six that's equiped with an Australian cylinder head removeable intake manifold. It's going in my '80 Mustang. I have the plenum/turbo. My question has to do with the Q-jet.

One site lists the M4ME as the Q-jet for the Buick application. Is that the correct model and are there differences that are specific to the turbo application? If the M4ME is the right model, are there modifications I should make?

Thanks for the help.

I'm not a big Q-jet expert but the M4ME is an electronic carb meant for computer controlled application.

Eric Fisher

The electronic carb is the E4ME.

On the Turbo M4ME, the important differance is the reference for the power valve. The power valve is usually internally plumb, but on a turbo car it needs to be plumbed to the intake manifold after the carb. And it needs a check valve to keep boost off it.

I guess I'm going to have to chase down a 78 or 79 turbo Q-jet, or at least the part number to know if the factory carb was modified for turbo use.

Thanks Rich, Got my E backwards. I'm not sure tracking down the numbers will do you any good as far as finding out what was modified. The carb will have a different list number as will the individual componets if they are turbo specific. I have acess to all the carb charts so if you find a number post back here and I'll track it down or tell you what information I can. Eric

Back