You can type here any text you want

new here, brake help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flying6

I'm new with these cars and i read these Hydroboost brakes are great so I bought them at adv auto for my 87gn. I got the master cylinder and Power Brake Booster, But what else am i gonna need ? I see all kinds of different things on here. i see 5 feet of hydrolic hose and a 3/8 TEE fitting, is that all i need? And mine didn't come with the gas pressured reservoir that I see on all yours. is that a must? please help

You will need the 2 pressure lines for the 84-85 grand national also. Power steering pump to hydroboost and hydroboost to gear.

The reservoir is called the accumulator and you don't need it. It stores pressure for future assist if engine was to stall.

You will also need some patience and skill.:) as some parts of the swap can be frustrating and difficult. All of the 84 lines WILL work without modification. There has been plenty of us on the board that have done this swap so if you run into any problems just ask.

Back