You can type here any text you want

New here!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZNix

Young-Gun
Yesterday, I brought back my first GN. I am 14 1/2 Years of age, and i live in MA. I just bought an '84 GN that needs work, and I'm the happiest in the world. Ever since my father told me stories about his '85 I have been looking for a project we both would be interested in. I found one not too far from my home for 2500. I weaseled him down to 2300! It also came with a Regal Limited around the same year for parts. He also had an intercooler, new trunk lid, a WHOLE floor pan, and a whole bunch more parts. It runs, but needs a valve job. The car also has T-Tops, that leak of course. Anyways... the body is not rusty at all, frame is flawless. The only thing it really needs is the floor pan, and i have one that takes up the wall in my garage :P.​

I hope that I can get lots of help from you guys! Ill most likely be posting lots of topics on how to fix this and that. I'm sure you guys will be there to help out.

And that said! (sorry the pictures cant be seen. Cant show them until 4 posts?)

Here's the Pics!!!
i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/Zkkarateman/TheGN3.jpg
(Yea thats my father in the corner haha)
i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/Zkkarateman/theGN2.jpg
i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/Zkkarateman/theGN4.jpg

Yesterday, I brought back my first GN. I am 14 1/2 Years of age, and i live in MA. I just bought an '84 GN that needs work, and I'm the happiest in the world. Ever since my father told me stories about his '85 I have been looking for a project we both would be interested in. I found one not too far from my home for 2500. I weaseled him down to 2300! It also came with a Regal Limited around the same year for parts. He also had an intercooler, new trunk lid, a WHOLE floor pan, and a whole bunch more parts. It runs, but needs a valve job. The car also has T-Tops, that leak of course. Anyways... the body is not rusty at all, frame is flawless. The only thing it really needs is the floor pan, and i have one that takes up the wall in my garage :P.​

I hope that I can get lots of help from you guys! Ill most likely be posting lots of topics on how to fix this and that. I'm sure you guys will be there to help out.

And that said! (sorry the pictures cant be seen. Cant show them until 4 posts?)

Here's the Pics!!!
i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/Zkkarateman/TheGN3.jpg
i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/Zkkarateman/theGN4.jpg
Welcome aboard!!! Your a pretty lucky kid, at 14 I was still riding BMX bikes LOL :biggrin:

Good luck with your build and listen to the guys in here with high post counts, they have sure been around theses cars long enough to know all the in's & out's of these cars..

SW.

And that said!

Here's the Pics!!!
TheGN3.jpg

theGN2.jpg

theGN4.jpg
I made an adjustment to your post so the pics can be seen. :D

Congrats on a very cool car and welcome to the board! :cool:

Welcome aboard! Are those lear sigler seats??

I've seen a few threads lately where people refuse to listen to the advice doled out on this board and rather just throw money at their cars. Please stick around, read and listen. The less mistakes ($$$$) made with these cars the more time we have to enjoy them :D

Welcome aboard! Are those lear sigler seats??

I've seen a few threads lately where people refuse to listen to the advice doled out on this board and rather just throw money at their cars. Please stick around, read and listen. The less mistakes ($$$$) made with these cars the more time we have to enjoy them :D

Yes those are the lear sigler seats. The car is all original. I also forgot to mention that it has the Digital Dash!

Congrats, and welcome! You now have officially crossed over to the dark side! Good buy at 14, I am jealous.

Welcome. You will be hooked soon. I bought mine when I was 13 and still have it

got mine at the same age i have been on this board since i was 13 and am almost 21 now, still have the same smile on my face when i get in it as when i bought it! Have fun and be safe!

,Dan

Good luck young man and consider yourself very lucky to have this as a first car. I didn't get my first car till I was 23(73 4 door impala)we were so broke, we were broker than broke, the bum on the corner used to give me change:D

Welcome aboard. Nice buy.
Where in Mass are you?
Does the car run? If so, does it run good? My suggestion is to just do the basic stuff to make sure that it runs good. Don't go looking to bring it to the track when you get your license and then turn 12s. You'll break the thing faster than you think. Work on getting it running right, then fix the T-roof leaks. Then fix the floor and the door.
If you don't have a job get one or two. Check out the local tech school, they may have evening classes on body work and welding. You can get it ready for paint saving yourself a ton of cash, then bring it to a good body shop for paint.
Also, don't go for all of the upgrades that you can lay your hands on. Some are useless, and some you won't need. Go for the basic stuff first. Fix the fuel system. Replace the fuel pump and hot wire it, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a chip will liven it up. You have T-roofs, so get the missing body bushings and put those in. Get the trunk braces and stiffen up the car. That way when it has a new paint job, you won't get cracks in the body and windshield pillars.

The biggest suggestion I can give though...??? Ask before you do.
There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, and other sites. Anything that you want to do to the car has been done by dozens of people on here already. Ask. Listen. Then do. It will save you money, time and busted knuckles.
Also, think about everything you do first. Then think about it again. Don't run out, pick up a boost gauge, then drill into the dash just because you are in a hurry to get your new toy in and working. Take the time to do things right. Once you butcher something it's expensive and timeconsuming to undo it. You'll be happier and prouder in the long run.
I'm also from Mass. If you need anything, let me know. If I can help, I will. I also have a back yard full of Regals. If you need something, let me know, I may have it. And last but not least: Sorry for the book.

Thanks a ton wagon! That was worth the read, even if it was a book :P. I live in Plymouth county in a little town called Plympton. Im sure you have never heard of it haha.

Welcome aboard. Nice buy.
Where in Mass are you?
Does the car run? If so, does it run good? My suggestion is to just do the basic stuff to make sure that it runs good. Don't go looking to bring it to the track when you get your license and then turn 12s. You'll break the thing faster than you think. Work on getting it running right, then fix the T-roof leaks. Then fix the floor and the door.
If you don't have a job get one or two. Check out the local tech school, they may have evening classes on body work and welding. You can get it ready for paint saving yourself a ton of cash, then bring it to a good body shop for paint.
Also, don't go for all of the upgrades that you can lay your hands on. Some are useless, and some you won't need. Go for the basic stuff first. Fix the fuel system. Replace the fuel pump and hot wire it, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a chip will liven it up. You have T-roofs, so get the missing body bushings and put those in. Get the trunk braces and stiffen up the car. That way when it has a new paint job, you won't get cracks in the body and windshield pillars.

The biggest suggestion I can give though...??? Ask before you do.
There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, and other sites. Anything that you want to do to the car has been done by dozens of people on here already. Ask. Listen. Then do. It will save you money, time and busted knuckles.
Also, think about everything you do first. Then think about it again. Don't run out, pick up a boost gauge, then drill into the dash just because you are in a hurry to get your new toy in and working. Take the time to do things right. Once you butcher something it's expensive and timeconsuming to undo it. You'll be happier and prouder in the long run.
I'm also from Mass. If you need anything, let me know. If I can help, I will. I also have a back yard full of Regals. If you need something, let me know, I may have it. And last but not least: Sorry for the book.
And THAT right there is why I love this community. Awesome post, wagon. :cool:

Back